tomorrow my xbox 360 elite will be purchased so i need to if there is anything I should take in to consideration while i use it.
Like how to prevent the RROD,Things i should take in to consideration, and anything else you guys could mention.
I already google but I knew most of that stuff.

Thanks in advance.
I think RROD was really only something the first couple shipments of 360s got ****ed by. When I use mine I have a little table fan blowing on it though to prevent over heating. Not sure if it helps at all.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295
I think RROD was really only something the first couple shipments of 360s got ****ed by. When I use mine I have a little table fan blowing on it though to prevent over heating. Not sure if it helps at all.

Good to know and that fan you mentioned is that the intercooler?

EDIT: at sporkface holysh!t i just researched the intercooler and there is a bunch of sites bashing it. thanks for the info man!
Last edited by scaronyourface at Dec 26, 2009,
DO NOT BUY THE INTERCOOLER. It voids the warranty if you do get red ringed.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
No, I just use a fan. Like one you'd put on a desk or something and set it up behind the 360.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Just keep it well vented. The Elites are pretty sturdy. Mine never gives me any trouble. I have gone through 3 white ones though. POS's, all of em.
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
Like everyone else said, keep it vented, and don't use the intercooler. I've heard some nasty things about those, and some just heat the system up even more.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Protip: Call of Duty 4 is better than Modern Warfare 2.

Protip: No it is not.
Get xbox live!!!
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by Dregen

Sorry, you seemed to have misplaced your sanity. Hope you find it soon enough.

Nah, just kidding. Your opinion is all that matters. But I honestly can't believe how bad MW2 is in comparison to CoD4.
Quote by Dregen

yes it is.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Sorry, you seemed to have misplaced your sanity. Hope you find it soon enough.

Nah, just kidding. Your opinion is all that matters. But I honestly can't believe how bad MW2 is in comparison to CoD4.

I don't really get how it's better than MW2. MW2 has way more perks, way more guns, way more attachments, titles, and that shit. It also seems a little more balanced to me.

Unless you mean that Free For All nuking shit. I ****ing hate that. I hate nukes in general, tbh.
Quote by Dregen
I don't really get how it's better than MW2. MW2 has way more perks, way more guns, way more attachments, titles, and that shit. It also seems a little more balanced to me.

Unless you mean that Free For All nuking shit. I ****ing hate that. I hate nukes in general, tbh.

Well I didn't own the game until today, and I don't have Live. So I have only played a few rounds of multiplayer and a little bit of the campaign (which seems pretty good so far). But the multiplayer is so much different from the first one. It's all camping now. I can't run 20 yards without getting shot. When I try to camp, no one comes and I get killed from behind. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the whole experience was just not enjoyable.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Well I didn't own the game until today, and I don't have Live. So I have only played a few rounds of multiplayer and a little bit of the campaign (which seems pretty good so far). But the multiplayer is so much different from the first one. It's all camping now. I can't run 20 yards without getting shot. When I try to camp, no one comes and I get killed from behind. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the whole experience was just not enjoyable.

Yeah, I'll agree that the respawning is really shitty in this game. In CoD4 and 5 I'd rarely have a game where I'd get spawnkilled. Now, I get spawnkilled about 5 times every game.

It's still a good game though.
Dont worry about it. Had my xbox for a while, never did anything special. Works like a charm.

Just make sure if you use wireless you have a good router/internet connection
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Red ringz are inevitable and the sad truth is it happens to us all. I have gone through 3 regular xbox's in the last 7 months so the elite is a good choice. Dont leave your xbox on when away, dont put a fan in it, take out your discs when not in use and just take breaks from it. I found that the red rings have occurred after i had played a shitload of hours over a few days.
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Quote by cof_median11
Red ringz are inevitable and the sad truth is it happens to us all.

Never happened to me. Had it over a year.
In call of duty 4, everyone camped. Didn't matter whether it was hardcore team deathmatch or regular.

In MW2, everyone still camps in hardcore. Attachments such as thermal scopes make it ridiculously annoying. On the other hand, when I play regular deathmatch, it's mostly run and gun or close range shooting, which I love.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
In call of duty 4, everyone camped. Didn't matter whether it was hardcore team deathmatch or regular.

I had the opposite experience.

Quote by ilikeguitar90
On the other hand, when I play regular deathmatch, it's mostly run and gun or close range shooting, which I love.

Quote by lzcougarz3

You can see where they are in regular with the killcam though, so can't you just go in and kill them...?

I hate it when they camp in hardcore and are impossible to find though.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
You can see where they are in regular with the killcam though, so can't you just go in and kill them...?

Well sure, sometimes. A good player wouldn't stay in the exact same spot though. Whenever I killed someone, I made a mental note to remember that the player might be headed my way again.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I am just giving my experience/feelings toward the games.