So, i decided i'd do a few covers, but im not exactly sure about whether im decent or not.

I'd like help Figuring out which key, or Tone i should sing in, preferably something that would match my voice.

And, i'd like it if you could critique my voice as well.
Here's a few videos, in which it is my opinion, that Landlocked Blues is my best attempt.

Thanks for helping.
Quote by Chaingarden
You've got a good start, that's for sure. Work on resonance. Sing where you can feel a nice buzz throughout your head.

So, work on resonance, and tone.
I should try for a buzz in my head, to achieve a stronger note?
And thanks for replying dude.
Not bad............like what Chaingarden said, work on developing resonance. It will make your tone sound much better and more powerful.
You've got a good voice, just keep on praticing and working on it.
Quote by Afterhours
Not bad............like what Chaingarden said, work on developing resonance. It will make your tone sound much better and more powerful.
You've got a good voice, just keep on praticing and working on it.

Awesome, do you have any resources that could help me out?
WEb-sites, or links that would show me what im trying to go for?
There is one more opinion)
I'll be honest and straight,
Nice... Just nice. Nice voice. But I didn't hear any professional stuff. It was all, as I call it, nice quite singing. You can sing this to your gf or parents... or friends. But if you want to become more PRO, you should start thinking about some LOUD singing. You just have to find good material for this (your current songs are too seren). I would suggest Jesus Christ Superstar, Deep purple or System Of A Down... maybe even MUSE (maybe it's not your type of music, but it is good to start with). Whatever has strong, HIGH, loud vocal. I'm not saying you have to sing loud and high NOW. Just so you know where to develop yourself.
Quote by vict
There is one more opinion)
I'll be honest and straight,
Nice... Just nice. Nice voice. But I didn't hear any professional stuff. It was all, as I call it, nice quite singing. You can sing this to your gf or parents... or friends. But if you want to become more PRO, you should start thinking about some LOUD singing. You just have to find good material for this (your current songs are too seren). I would suggest Jesus Christ Superstar, Deep purple or System Of A Down... maybe even MUSE (maybe it's not your type of music, but it is good to start with). Whatever has strong, HIGH, loud vocal. I'm not saying you have to sing loud and high NOW. Just so you know where to develop yourself.

I honestly never thought about that.
YOu know, you're the first person to suggest me doing something harder.
The goal of it would be to get out of my safety zone, and progress into something that would use my voce in a way that would develop it?
Quote by Alice-Gardenia
I honestly never thought about that.
YOu know, you're the first person to suggest me doing something harder.
The goal of it would be to get out of my safety zone, and progress into something that would use my voce in a way that would develop it?

Yes! Exactly. But remember! be careful with your throat! do not overwork.

and main thing... is it what you want and need? i was suggesting that because i thought you would like to improve your voice. take it to another level.
Man, afterhours.... you make a post at Midnight on Boxing Day - the day after Christmas - and bump it eight times in 24 hours - one of them which complains about the lack of participation on the site? C'mon. Give us all a break. Consider this an 'informal' warning that we expect more reasonable behaviour here on UG.

Anyway.... I listened to the Oasis cover.

Your tuning is very good. I agree with vict's assessment of it being "nice" but generally lacking in what people conventionally associate with good singers. You don't want to so much work on singing higher or louder as much as you want to work on learning how to produce the voice so that it automatically has a more robust and resonant character. When you learn this, you will automatically have projection too. It's that depth and dimension of voice that separates the 'proficient" singers from the rookies.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by vict
Yes! Exactly. But remember! be careful with your throat! do not overwork.

and main thing... is it what you want and need? i was suggesting that because i thought you would like to improve your voice. take it to another level.

Well, i'd like to be a better singer, i'd like my voice to get out, and instead of being at a certain level, progress into something usuable.

I listen to Oasis, and Andrew Jackson Jihad as my main sources of inspiration, if it helps.
Quote by axemanchris
Man, afterhours.... you make a post at Midnight on Boxing Day - the day after Christmas - and bump it eight times in 24 hours - one of them which complains about the lack of participation on the site? C'mon. Give us all a break. Consider this an 'informal' warning that we expect more reasonable behaviour here on UG.

Anyway.... I listened to the Oasis cover.

Your tuning is very good. I agree with vict's assessment of it being "nice" but generally lacking in what people conventionally associate with good singers. You don't want to so much work on singing higher or louder as much as you want to work on learning how to produce the voice so that it automatically has a more robust and resonant character. When you learn this, you will automatically have projection too. It's that depth and dimension of voice that separates the 'proficient" singers from the rookies.

CT

So, the point of it is, to try and give my voice the open-character of being loud, and resonant, without worrying about actually projecting?
Like, making it that way, by focusing on other qualities?
If you produce your voice properly, it will project. You won't need to think about it.

Think of this.... producing your voice improperly is like whacking a bean-bag chair with a baseball bat. You can beat the crap out of it all day long with little effect. Now, rap your knuckles on an empty dumpster. That's a heck of a lot of racket without hardly any effort at all. That's what happens when you produce your voice properly.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote by axemanchris
If you produce your voice properly, it will project. You won't need to think about it.

Think of this.... producing your voice improperly is like whacking a bean-bag chair with a baseball bat. You can beat the crap out of it all day long with little effect. Now, rap your knuckles on an empty dumpster. That's a heck of a lot of racket without hardly any effort at all. That's what happens when you produce your voice properly.

CT

i understand what you mean now!
Awesome, so the goal is to minimalize strain, while producing and projecting a better quality.
Thank you.
Quote by axemanchris

Axe,
This was not my post..........
Quote by Alice-Gardenia
I listen to Oasis, and Andrew Jackson Jihad as my main sources of inspiration, if it helps.

I have not heard them... but it does not matter. You'll see for yourselve what singers has good vocal.

maann.. I didn't get this thing about chair lol But you did, and that is good. So now you have something to work on.
Good luck and we'll be waiting for new examples of your voice
Quote by Afterhours
Axe,
This was not my post..........

Sorry, man.... it wasn't. Re-direct comment @Alice... .

CT