Hi,
I got Fender/Schaller locking tuners for christmas and it's fitting perfectly in my strat.

The problem is I don't know which one goes where. I saw on the back that they are labeled either by I, II or III. So I just put the locking tuners with the I symbol where the old one with the I symbol was. I did so with the II and the III but I don't know why but there aren't as many II and III as the old tuners so I put two at random. I was informed that the 3 longer were for the high string and the shorters for the lower string so that's how I did it.

Now the biggest problem: that goddamn G string keep slipping. I lock it in, then start turning until it's at F# (That's how I tune). Then I pull the string like I do with every new strings, then retune to F# to be sure it keeps his tuning. After doing it like 10 times I noticed something was wrong and, indeed the G string just slip inside the hole every time I pull the string or do a bend. Then eventually it just get out completely.

I'm playing with 10-52 GHS strings and the G string is 017.

And BTW, locking tuners are amazing at making fast string change so I like them very much and recommend these.
Quote by antoine2055
And BTW, locking tuners are amazing at making fast string change so I like them very much and recommend these.
Even though they don't appear to be working properly?

I'm not really sure what you could do to rectify your problem. Are you sure you have the string strung through the hole properly before you lock it down? I know with some locking tuners you can experience slippage if the string is pressed against the threads on the locking screw.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
What I meant was that they're great if I make abstraction of my problem that I'm confident will be resolved either by getting help here or by going back to the store. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly and it shouldn't slip because as I tune the string higher, the lock turns also which means it's getting even more locked.