Whats up all

I just registered and wanted to say hi. Been looking around the forum today and decided to join in on the fun.

Anyway not to waste a thread i was wondering if anyone knows anything about GFS pickups. Im looking into a set of single coil's for my stratocaster. I love a very jazzy sounds to hard rock like ACDC and everything in between. Hope its not to much to ask.

-Sam

EDIT: And Merry Christmas!
Substitute - your lies for facts
Last edited by SubstitutePete at Dec 26, 2009,
welcome. this is a great site.

and i have heard nothing but good things about GF's pickups
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Do you know any specific models that I should look into. There site looks respectable but the page filled with singlecoils isnt very specific of each pickup. Really want to make sure i make the right decision.
so now i`ll have to finds the site..... http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

what guitar are they going into (save us the hassle of looking up the guitar by listing tonewood used for body, neck fingerboard)

and current pick up configuration (HH,SSS, HSH, HSS....etc) and current switching (3way, 5way, coil tap)
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by SubstitutePete
Do you know any specific models that I should look into. There site looks respectable but the page filled with singlecoils isnt very specific of each pickup. Really want to make sure i make the right decision.

I understand, but just a heads up, when replying use the quote section under each persons reply, you dont want to get banned for multiple posting.

And maybe look under the reviews section on the top of the page to look into the specific brand your looking at.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by SubstitutePete
Whats up all

I just registered and wanted to say hi. Been looking around the forum today and decided to join in on the fun.

Anyway not to waste a thread i was wondering if anyone knows anything about GFS pickups. Im looking into a set of single coil's for my stratocaster. I love a very jazzy sounds to hard rock like ACDC and everything in between. Hope its not to much to ask.

-Sam

EDIT: And Merry Christmas!

Welcome friend.
Jazz to hard rock, that's a tall order my friend, it sounds like you want a humbucker sound of out of your strat.
try these single coil sized Rail humbuckers in either vintage or modern
http://store.guitarfetish.com/lilkiwhhuhus.html
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Thanks all. Im playing a MIM stratocaster. Alder body,5position switch,SSS. And a maple neck and fret board.

My only worry about switching to humbuckers is that i really enjoy playing stuff like hendrix and SRV. How would a HSH kind of setup sound. A vintage humbucker in the neck a vintage 60cycle sc in the middle and a 80's style high output pickup in the bridge?
it would be easier to use a stacked humbucker, otherwise your going to need a pickguard and the body routing.