Ok. If anyone could help me out here that'd be great. I've played the 6262 combo. It's great and I'm in love with it. That being said... How does the 333XL compare to it? Can the 333XL get the same modern high-gain br00talz as the 6262? Which is one is better overall in your opinion? Thanks for any help you may give me...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
IMO, the 6262. I have the head/cab and love my tone. BUT, it really depends on what you are looking for.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
IMO, the 6262. I have the head/cab and love my tone. BUT, it really depends on what you are looking for.

Well have you played the 333XL? Does it have as much gain as the 6262? That is the biggest factor in this process. I have a chance to buy either amp at a very good price. The 3-channel feature appeals to me more but I've never played one in person.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Ok. If anyone could help me out here that'd be great. I've played the 6262 combo. It's great and I'm in love with it. That being said... How does the 333XL compare to it? Can the 333XL get the same modern high-gain br00talz as the 6262? Which is one is better overall in your opinion? Thanks for any help you may give me...

In a word, No. It definitely can do Nevermore, Dream Theatre, and the more proggy Opeth stuff, but it can't compete when it comes to At The Gates, old In Flames, August Burns Red, etc.

If you play more shred styled music or need 3 channels, get the 333xl. If you don't need 3 channels and don't play shred much, get the 6262.

^The 333xl doesn't have less gain per say, it just has a brighter/more compressed tone then the 62** series. This restrains it from being a chug machine but helps in clarity and leads cutting through the mix.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Dec 26, 2009,
Bugera Militia thread...

Now in an effort to answer your question: I would go with the 333xl. Actually, I did, and I have not been disappointed so far (I purchased it in May 2009). I tried both, but I just preferred the 333xl. It is undoubtedly more versatile, and I liked the tone itself better. Tone is subjective, though. If I were you, I'd do my best to try both of them. If you can't, go with the one you know you love. However, I don't know if making a decision should ride solely on how much gain either amp has, unless there is a huge difference. The 333xl has plently of gain (I rarely go passed 2-3 o' clock), but it certainly isn't just a metal/hard rock amp. IMHO the cleans are great and there's an insane amount of headroom that, IIRC, wasn't there on the other amp.

However, that's just my $.02. If you want more comprehensive answers and comparisons, hit up the Bugera Militia thread.
Quote by blasphemy101
Now in an effort to answer your question: I would go with the 333xl. Actually, I did, and I have not been disappointed so far (I purchased it in May 2009). I tried both, but I just preferred the 333xl. It is undoubtedly more versatile, and I liked the tone itself better. Tone is subjective, though. If I were you, I'd do my best to try both of them. If you can't, go with the one you know you love. However, I don't know if making a decision should ride solely on how much gain either amp has, unless there is a huge difference. The 333xl has plently of gain (I rarely go passed 2-3 o' clock), but it certainly isn't just a metal/hard rock amp. IMHO the cleans are great and there's an insane amount of headroom that, IIRC, wasn't there on the other amp.

Yeah I expect the cleans on the 333XL to be way better than the 6262, which are still pretty great. And the crunch channels to be about the same. But I just wasn't sure about the high gain ness of the amp. 3 channels isn't really necessary but it's just nice to have the extra EQ for the crunch channel. I play mostly Heavy Metal/Hard Rock though, and the heaviest stuff I play is Children of Bodom. If the 333 could handle that then I'd be sold, cause I definitely know the 6262 can.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
I used to own a Peavey JSX, which is the amp that the Bugera 333xl is based on; it's more or less an exact copy.

The Peavey JSX is a very highly rated amp, I however, did not like it at all. It's a great amp, that's perfectly capable of metal, but it just didn't have that heavy-metal "roar" to me. I now own a Mesa Rect-O-Verb, which is exactly the sound I wanted.

The Bugera 6262 is, I think, based on the Peavey 6505, which is known for it's high-gain metal sound and has been used in many records. I don't have direct experience, but from what I hear, the 6505 is a little noisy and doesn't have a very good clean channel; the same would probably apply to the Bugera. The 333xl will probably have a very good, high headroom clean, with little or no breakup, as does the JSX that it's based on. I don't like the gain channels, but a lot of people do.

If you've tried the 6262, liked it, and don't really care about having the -best- clean, then it's a safe choice. It's based on the Peavey 6505 which is known for it's metal brutality.

On the other hand, the 333xl is a more versatile amp, with a few more features. If you haven't tried it, however, you're probably better off not buying it. If you can find a JSX to try out, it'll probably give you a very good idea of what to expect.

My vote is for the 6262, but that's just my taste, based on my experience. It's extremely subjective.

By the way, have you seen the new peavey 6505 112 combo? $599 and it comes out January 7th according to the web sites I've seen. Just a thought. You might want to wait for reviews, though. :]
Last edited by -Rane- at Dec 26, 2009,
Well yeah, the 333/XL is based off of the XXX/JSX. The 6260/2 is based off of the 5150/II or 6505/+. And I have seen the 6505+ but I'm actually looking into buying a used amp as of now such as these Bugera's, 5150's, and possibly a Single Rec (which is ideal but not likely), but my backup plan if all else fails is to buy a NEW Bugera.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Well have you played the 333XL? Does it have as much gain as the 6262? That is the biggest factor in this process. I have a chance to buy either amp at a very good price. The 3-channel feature appeals to me more but I've never played one in person.

yes I have played the 333series amps and still found the 6262 to be my amp of choice. I chose that amp because of the "raw-ness" the lead channel gives you. Granted, I don't use the lead channel as much as I use the clean channel, but when I do decide to use it, it does what I want. But, to me, I REALLY like the clean channel. I look for a clean channel that dirtys up really nice, and the 6262 does really well. Not to mention, the crunch channel is great also. It all boils down to what you are after and from what I gather, it sounds like the 62XX series is more up your alley. Once again, my opinion, hope it helps.

edit: when I play on the lead channel, my gain setting is about 4 and that is more than enough gain for my taste. music I play ranges from kiss, motley crue, ratt, srv, metallica, etc.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Last edited by madh4ttr at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by JayT44
Well yeah, the 333/XL is based off of the XXX/JSX. The 6260/2 is based off of the 5150/II or 6505/+. And I have seen the 6505+ but I'm actually looking into buying a used amp as of now such as these Bugera's, 5150's, and possibly a Single Rec (which is ideal but not likely), but my backup plan if all else fails is to buy a NEW Bugera.

Used is good. I'm an avid Ebayer. It's a risk, but if you use paypal, and are careful, you'll be more or less safe. Check Craigslist too (depending on where you live). I only paid $700 for my Rect-O-Verb combo off Craigslist. It's in beautiful condition too. I couldn't be happier.

Good luck finding the right amp. It was a 1 1/2 year journey for me (not as long as some people, but still). :]
Sorry bro, this ship has sailed. I'm getting a Single Rec. (there's a thread on the front page about it.)
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Are you guys kidding not enough gain? There's as ass ton of gain on my XXX which is what bugera is based off. If you need cleans go for the xxxl, but if you want a mor eraw distortion do for the 62xx.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ