Well, the trusty searchbar has phayled me. Either that or a phaylyur is me. In which case, moshiwake arimasen, mina-sama.

I was wondering if anyone in the US stocked Japanese brands like Tokai, Burny, Edwards, Navigator, Orville, Greco, Jackson Star, etc. What would be the usual prices for any of their Gibson-copy models?

I saw somewhere a picture of an Edwards Les Paul with a set reverse ESP Kamikaze neck. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it, but it was certainly different... Enough to make me think of building one (or something based on it) sometime in the future when I get building experience.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Most of those brands you'll be looking at importing into the country. Specifically Edwards and Navigator there is no point in going to a US ESP dealer and asking them to import one in for you. TBH you'll probably need to go through via ebay or through your average japanese auction site or a shipping agent acting on your behalf.
Some of those guitars - notably Burny and Tokai - employ copyrighted features in their Fender and Gibson copy guitars, which makes them illegal in the United States. This is not to say that all of their guitars are banned, but a lot of them certainly are. Internet auction sites and eBay would be your best bet.
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Most of those brands you'll be looking at importing into the country. Specifically Edwards and Navigator there is no point in going to a US ESP dealer and asking them to import one in for you. TBH you'll probably need to go through via ebay or through your average japanese auction site or a shipping agent acting on your behalf.
Quote by FatalGear41
Some of those guitars - notably Burny and Tokai - employ copyrighted features in their Fender and Gibson copy guitars, which makes them illegal in the United States. This is not to say that all of their guitars are banned, but a lot of them certainly are. Internet auction sites and eBay would be your best bet.
I was afraid this would be the likely case. They're exact replicas, some of them..
Quote by ibanezgod1973
goto the manufacturers/ distributors website they normally have a dealer locater
Most of these brands don't have any official distributors in the US, I believe. I was looking more for stores that would import a small amount of them or something.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I know this site hehe. They sell mostly vintage ones... I was looking at the newer one manufactured recently without the collector's value.
Blackstar HT-5
ebay is the way to go, even if they don't have what you're looking for you can contact them and they'll probably try get what you want. that's how i got my 57 reissued strat. however there is a con, i don't know if they still do this, but when i brought mine i was hit with a custom fee and an letter or a sticker of some sort saying how the package was opened so they can inspect it for anything illegal.
Quote by kckyle
ebay is the way to go, even if they don't have what you're looking for you can contact them and they'll probably try get what you want. that's how i got my 57 reissued strat. however there is a con, i don't know if they still do this, but when i brought mine i was hit with a custom fee and an letter or a sticker of some sort saying how the package was opened so they can inspect it for anything illegal.
JesusMary&Joseph! When did they start doing that in the US?

Lekz, click on those 2 links I posted. There are a bunch more, just search for Japan in Electric Guitar.
\
Quote by kckyle
i don't know if they still do this, but when i brought mine i was hit with a custom fee and an letter or a sticker of some sort saying how the package was opened so they can inspect it for anything illegal.

All international shipping is like that. In theory you can have the sender mark the item as a gift and miscalculate the value, but commercial vendors can’t do that because they’ll get nailed for fraud.
Quote by Ippon
Other than going to Japan or Yahoo! Japan or Japanese sites like Ikebe or Ishibashi, you can go eBay. There are many reliable sellers straight from Japan.

That's some great info there! Thanks, man!
Blackstar HT-5