So, today's is Christmas (MERRY CHRISTMAS GUISE) and I got the Onner DST-1 Distortion pedal. I haven't got my guitar/amp with me to test it (Travelled to where family is, wasn't enough room to bring it) so I was just wondering if you guys had thought it was okay? I read the reviews, they seem good... However, part two to this thread was about an acoustic simulator. I have been considering buying one for a while, as I thoroughly enjoy distorted to acoustic switches in tone. I am considering buying the Boss AC-3, as it is withi my price range, which is 100$.

tl;dr Is an Onner DST-1 pedal good, and what is a good acoustic simulator pedal under 100$?
The AC-3 can be a good pedal IF you know how to use it. It's very complicated until you tweak it for a while and find an acoustic sound that you like. If you don't EQ it right then it won't sound any different than your clean channel. Try one out at Guitar Center and test it out for a while, if you like it, then buy it. It's definitely not something you just want to buy impulsively though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
The AC-3 can be a good pedal IF you know how to use it. It's very complicated until you tweak it for a while and find an acoustic sound that you like. If you don't EQ it right then it won't sound any different than your clean channel. Try one out at Guitar Center and test it out for a while, if you like it, then buy it. It's definitely not something you just want to buy impulsively though.

Thanks. I will definetly try it next time I'm in town.
Wait a minute...

If you're using a Behringer V-Tone then you should not buy anymore pedals for it. They take pedals HORRIBLY and don't sound very good at all. I own one. Start saving your money now before you spend anymore because you need a new amp. What genres do you play?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
Wait a minute...

If you're using a Behringer V-Tone then you should not buy anymore pedals for it. They take pedals HORRIBLY and don't sound very good at all. I own one. Start saving your money now before you spend anymore because you need a new amp. What genres do you play?

Okay. I play pretty much straight metal.
Quote by Duality Ninja
Okay. I play pretty much straight metal.

That's a VERY hard tone to achieve on a small budget. How much do you have? If you don't have very much I would suggest you get a Bugera V5 and a solid Distortion pedal.

EDIT: Well I guess I should say it's hard to get a good metal tone for a low price...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Dec 26, 2009,
I have 150$ right now, though more in the near future.

EDIT: Just did some browsing around, figured that a Bugera V5 is probably my best bet right now, I'll probably place an order soon.
Last edited by Duality Ninja at Dec 26, 2009,
id go for a peavey vypyr
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣