I am considering this wah, but was wondering if it comes with a power supply. I have a spare 9v adapter lying around, but I know some companies are assholes and make you use their power supplies. And I can't find a Budda power supply on Musiciansfriend.
You dont have to use their power supply.
Just as long as yours has the same voltage/MAH rating as the wah needs then you should be good to go.
There is no pedal I know of that NEEDS their brand of power supply in order to work.
Thats just a marketing strategy my friend.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
You dont have to use their power supply.
Just as long as yours has the same voltage/MAH rating as the wah needs then you should be good to go.
There is no pedal I know of that NEEDS their brand of power supply in order to work.
Thats just a marketing strategy my friend.

+1

I've used the charger of my sony psp with numerous other electronic devices, such as my zen vision mp3 player, and all the devices are still working fine. As long as they have the same voltage/MAH rating or whatever, you're good.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
+1

I've used the charger of my sony psp with numerous other electronic devices, such as my zen vision mp3 player, and all the devices are still working fine. As long as they have the same voltage/MAH rating or whatever, you're good.

Sweet. Hopefully the adapter I have will work with the Budwah.
To be more specific, it has to have the right voltage, polarity, and have more than enough milliamps (mA)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
To be more specific, it has to have the right voltage, polarity, and have more than enough milliamps (mA)

What if say im using a 200mA power supply with a pedal that requires 300mA.
Could this hurt it?
Just out of curiosity...
I have a set up like this and I figured since it turns on and hasnt blown up it should be fine?
It is the exact voltage to obviously.
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
What if say im using a 200mA power supply with a pedal that requires 300mA.
Could this hurt it?
Just out of curiosity...
I have a set up like this and I figured since it turns on and hasnt blown up it should be fine?
It is the exact voltage to obviously.

Well with alot of digital pedals it will just refuse to turn on, but if it's still turning on then you're probably receiving huge tone loss/loss of effects quality.
With analog its just gonna make the pedal sound completely different (sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in an interesting way.)

Regardless, it's not going to hurt the pedal, but it also means you're definitely not getting the most out of your pedal.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Well with alot of digital pedals it will just refuse to turn on, but if it's still turning on then you're probably receiving huge tone loss/loss of effects quality.
With analog its just gonna make the pedal sound completely different (sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in an interesting way.)

Regardless, it's not going to hurt the pedal, but it also means you're definitely not getting the most out of your pedal.

Ah! If this is true then your a life saver!
I had no idea that could actually affect the pedals sound..
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Faux~Affliction
YES!

TS: Polarity is a key consideration. My Digitech stuff has the opposite polarity from the 4,386 other 9v adapters I have hidden around my house.

Check electrical ratings label on both the pedal and on the adapter. Make sure that the +'s & -'s match. There should be a little diagram something like - ---(--- + .
If your supply is backwards from the load, then you could always cut the cord, reverse polarity, splice, and insulate.

Me personally, I'd rather go with an adapter that is rated for MORE than the rated load being put on it. Bad things happen when transformers and rectifiers fail because they are max-loaded/overloaded. Shorts can take place that can send an electrical transient to your pedal. Will it work with a lower rated supply? Yes, but for how long? And what is the ultimate damage when it fails?
As long as it's the right polarity and voltage, it won't harm your pedal.

I very much doubt you even could find an adaptor without enough grunt to power at least two or three pedals, so don't get overly concerned about the mA unless you're daisy-chaining. I don't know why that's sudddenly started being brought up all the time.
^daisy chaining is brought up all the time because we don't want to buy a gazillion unneccesary power adapters that cost 20 bucks a pop.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees