Hi, first time post here!
My Ibanez SZ520FM needs to be refretted and I don't know what size of fretwire is suitable. The stock fret is Medium. I prefer Meduim and Jumbo is also ok. I don't want to expand my fret slot so I need the perfect match between fret and lot. How about Dunlop 6230? Or which size should I buy from Stewmac?
Thanks in advance!
Get the biggest tang width you can, because when the old frets come out, they can expand the slot a bit, so the new wire might not be able to seat properly. I prefer big frets, like 6100's, because you dont need as much pressure to fret notes, especially when playing chords, and since they are bigger they usually last longer. Stainless frets are also a lot harder and last way longer than normal nickel/steel frets, plus they make bends feel a lot smoother.
Thanks!
I have checked the Stewmac but it seems it only fits 0.58mm width slot. Is it ok for SZ520?
I dont know how wide the SZ's fret tang is, but I think it should be OK. If you can, get some calipers to measure the tang when you take the old frets out.
Quote by littlephil
I dont know how wide the SZ's fret tang is, but I think it should be OK. If you can, get some calipers to measure the tang when you take the old frets out.

Thanks for your advice!