Hey fellow UG'ers.

My parents are going to Hong Kong to catch up with relies and that.

I was wondering, what are some legit music stores in hk? If i bought pedals etc over there, would it work in Australia (I live in Perth).

Also, just found out parents are going to Vietnam to catch up with rellies there. What are some legit music stores in Vietnam?

Happy New year in advance guys
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Rellies.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Nope. Objects from the northern hemisphere aren't functional in the southern hemisphere.

Oh Rellies?

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by InvaderTSN
Nope. Objects from the northern hemisphere aren't functional in the southern hemisphere.

unless you invert the poles!

funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by InvaderTSN

My parents have bought heaps of electronics from Hong Kong and shizz, bought one of those HK - Australia power converters and it has worked :S?

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Quote by InvaderTSN
Clearly the shop your parents bought from imported goods from countries in the southern hemisphere. Probably from Paraguay.

Don't be a dick.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Tom Lee and Parsons are the biggest music stores here in HK. I would recommend the former if you are looking to purchase guitar gear. There are some Tom Lee branches which have a guitar showroom, meaning a larger selection of gear than others.

I must warn you though, don't expect too much. The selection here really is quite small. They can also be quite expensive. You will only find the big brands here, especially the guitar pedals.

Have fun in HK though.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Really, what I just said is blatantly untrue. Not my fault if somebody believes it.

i really need some sleep tonight
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Invictious
Tom Lee and Parsons are the biggest music stores here in HK. I would recommend the former if you are looking to purchase guitar gear. There are some Tom Lee branches which have a guitar showroom, meaning a larger selection of gear than others.

I must warn you though, don't expect too much. The selection here really is quite small. They can also be quite expensive. You will only find the big brands here, especially the guitar pedals.

Have fun in HK though.

Hmm.. prices are probably comparable to Australia. Would you know which Tom Lee and Parsons have more guitars etc?

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
Hmm.. prices are probably comparable to Australia. Would you know which Tom Lee and Parsons have more guitars etc?

Tom Lee as I have recommended. If you are looking for Washburns or Toyamas, then Parsons would be the place. I would take Tom Lee over Parsons any other day though. I just mentioned it because it is quite big (relatively speaking, in HK, at least).
Are there any schecter dealers in Hong Kong..? Tom Lee looks good. But there arn't any prices up on the site !

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
EDIT:

Anyways, so you're going to be traveling quite a bit eh?

Why are you feeling inclined to buy stuff over there?

Quote by CrossBack7
Last edited by Momentosis at Dec 26, 2009,
Agree with Tom Lee's. I've been there before and they have a huge selection. They let me play the JP Music Man for a while and I ended up buying a really sweet Ibanez there in the end. Chances are though that you'll be able to find them cheaper somewhere else depending on where you are from.

And Vietnam... well I'm here right now. Hanoi until tuesday and then Saigon for a while. Been here a few times and there are no great music stores I'm aware of. I've been to a few smaller ones, nothing compared to the ones you'll find in HK tho.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
^^^^Alright then
Are pedals and such cheaper over there?
Bad thing is, i wont be going, since my parents leave when school starts
At least music shopping in Japan was kickass

Digidesign Eleven Rack