does a gauge 0.10 makes it easier to play fast stuff on the Low E like Metallica songs.
They use 0.10 I think
The rule of thumb is that string tension increases with string thickness. It may or may not be easier, but it will all come down to what you are used to and more comfortable with.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I eaven tryed 10-52 on a standard tuning. If you want quick (rifs), then thicker is better...
Quote by sporkman7
Fast metallica riffs need a fast wrist, a small pick, and really high string tension. I use 11-49 now, and i seem to get along pretty well with that, but I used to use 10-46, and those seemed a little too loose.

+1
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
I've got a set of 10-46 on my SZR at the moment. They're not bad but I would like to try the set of 10-52 I've got - some of the drop D (All Nightmare Long) leaves the 6th somewhat saggy. If I were to go from 10-46 to 10-52 would I need to change the truss rod tension? If so I'll take it to a shop.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Seriously there is no "better" string gauge for any genre or style. Everything about strings is all personal preference. What works for Metallica may not work at all for you.

Try different gauges until you find something that you feel comfortable playing.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Seriously there is no "better" string gauge for any genre or style. Everything about strings is all personal preference. What works for Metallica may not work at all for you.

Try different gauges until you find something that you feel comfortable playing.

+1
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50