Hey, So, it's time for me to get a new amp, and i was wondering what you guys would suggest?

I dont have a budget as such, but i would say the cheaper the better, but obviously with good quality.

I'm looking for a Combo That is able to cope with various degrees of metal and rock, aswell as being able to cope with blues and indie styles.

I live in the UK, and it should be quiet enough for bedroom practise aswell as the possibility of small venues.

Any other info that is needed to help, just ask.

Cheers
Well, we need at least an approximate budget or else there's too many possible suggestions.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I'd have to recommend the VT100 for a cheap good sounding amp, the 12 inch speakers really make a difference. And if the 2x12s are too big then the 50watt version has 1x12.

But that's one amp in the mix of hundreds.

For other cheap amps you could look into bugera (if your daring) or the peavey valvekings are pretty cheap too, but might not be versatile enough for all those sounds you want.

Hope that helps a little.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
If you go for the Vox VT, I'd recommend you go for the lower-wattage versions. There's little point of having such a huge practice amp.

Other considerations, assuming you meant 400 pounds and not USD, include:

A used Marshall JCM800,900...I think there was a guy who posted up a craiglist link to a JCM900 stack going for 405 pounds earlier today...

A used Laney VH, GH or TT series. I own the TT50 combo and I think it's very versatile. Don't be scared by the high-wattage...it's still decent for bedroom practice.

Perhaps some other tube amps...most under 400 pounds will require a boost/OD of some sort to get to modern metal.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Yes, i did mean Pounds, and i have been considering a Valveking for a while, but never tried one... I'll do some research into these amps, but any more suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Either a Bugera 1960 or a 1990. The 1960 would do blues and such better, but the 1990 would do rock and metal better. Also, you'd need a cab.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees