Page 1 of 3
Seriously... I LOVE their instrumentals, some of my favorite songs ever, they all have this relaxing uplifting kind of medieval type feel. (see the acoustic riffs in To Live is to Die, or the intro to The One) And all the heavy riffs in the instrumentals are heavy and epic as shit!

Their thrash, even their "classic" thrash (obviously not talking about their modern shite) just doesn't hold a candle in terms of quality IMO. I mean, a lot of it is decent, but it doesn't have anywhere near the same emotional impact, at least on me. I'm guessing it's not just me though because I've heard a lot of people saying their favorites were all the instrumentals too.

I would've loved to see a whole album of Orion-style music.
Last edited by WNxScythe at Dec 26, 2009,
No.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I don't know what to say ... Metallica may not be my thing but I cant see it as an instrumental band ever now if you where to say scale the summit are awesome I'll agree.
Prog flavored juice ... You tried it yet?

Shameless plot to promote zee band.
Shed 31
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Absolutelyinnowayeverwouldthisworkitwouldsuckhorriblyneverinamillionyears not. Thrash = Better then instrumentals by a long run.
If it wasn't for Papa Het's voice, Metallica would no be the band they are. A big part would be missing. So, no. For sure!
If you want good instrumentals litsen to classical music.

Metallica=trash and everything other that they do sounds like shit
Quote by DarkValo666
If it wasn't for Papa Het's voice, Metallica would no be the band they are. A big part would be missing. So, no. For sure!

Ya, it's Hetfield's singing and lyrics that make the songs.
the rest are just extras.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I wish they hadn't been a band to begin with.

Name of icaneatcatfood's favorite band would not exist without Metallica

most likely
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I wish they would have stayed the same after the black album rather than try to appeal to more people.
Quote by Antis0cial

in your opinion
Quote by Nameless742

so your on a guitar forum saying that the guitar parts dont make the songs?
Quote by Nameless742

Uhhhh... no? Guitar/bass are very important in Metallica songs. Drums? Well, Lars sucks at drums but it's still fairly essential.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Antis0cial

If you dont like Metallica dont talk about em or listen to their music. Your just like all the other people who say other bands are shit cuz you dont like em. If you dont like something dont even think about it.

EDIT: I really dont understand why people say Lars sucks at drums. Hes ok and fits in with the band. If Lars wasnt there to even start Metallica we might not even be talking about this.
Last edited by Prodigy179 at Dec 26, 2009,
I used to love them, but now Call of Ktulu is the only thing they've done I listen to. Even Orion is overrated as shit IMO.
Quote by Prodigy179
If you dont like Metallica dont talk about em or listen to their music. Your just like all the other people who say other bands are shit cuz you dont like em. If you dont like something dont even think about it.

What an utterly ridiculous idea. Why shouldn't people state their opinion if it's relevant? Especially if someone's specifically asked for it, like in this thread.

And besides, if I read that correctly, he likes Metallica's thrash stuff. Which is most of their stuff.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by whalepudding
I used to love them, but now Call of Ktulu is the only thing they've done I listen to. Even Orion is overrated as shit IMO.

What an utterly ridiculous idea. Why shouldn't people state their opinion if it's relevant? Especially if someone's specifically asked for it, like in this thread.

And besides, if I read that correctly, he likes Metallica's thrash stuff. Which is most of their stuff.

Lol he said they=trash, and TS didnt ask if you liked em or not. He ask if they should have been an instrumental band. If you dont like someones music why even come into this thread? You remember all those threads like, Things Guitarists Hate, and Stupidest comments about music? Alot of the replies were about people saying certain bands or genres suck, and most of those people only said that because they dont like it. Just because to you dont like it doesnt mean it sucks does it? What if some guy who only listens to (insert genre here) said your music sucked just because he didnt like it?
^^ +1
and no, I like Metallica the way they are. They're not my favorite band, but I wouldn't want them to change or anything.
cat
"Thrash" is often misspelled as "trash", and makes more sense in this context. I'm assuming that's what he meant.

And yes, obviously people only say it sucks because they don't like it. That's what it means when you say something sucks. If someone said my music sucked because they didn't like it, I'd probably ask why they thought that. If they said "because I only listen to (insert genre here)", I'd say "to each his own" and get on with my day.

TBH I never understand why some people get so offended by this.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
45 minutes of pentatonic wah wankering? No thankyou.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by larrytheguitar
Name of icaneatcatfood's favorite band would not exist without Metallica

most likely

I band like whatever their favoriet band is would exist, but it would be awhile from when it started
No. How would we listen to the incomprehensible song that is Battery?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Ed Hunter
45 minutes of pentatonic wah wankering? No thankyou.

Right because that's what Metallica's instrumentals are like
Quote by Prodigy179

EDIT: I really dont understand why people say Lars sucks at drums. Hes ok and fits in with the band. If Lars wasnt there to even start Metallica we might not even be talking about this.

I actually am a huge Metallica fan, and I'm not implying they are shit, it's just a shame they didn't stick to trash because that is what they do best.(Orion is an exception in my opinion)

O and they wanted to fire Lars, only reason he still is in the band is because Cliff died just before they wanted to fire him.
And yes he is a bad drummer, not the worst or total crap. But not a good drummer at all. If he fits in with the band is an opinion.
no.

Quote by Prodigy179

I disagree with this post completely. Except for the "don't listen to bands you don't like" part. That was some good advice.

Lars Ulrich is meh.
Last edited by wesselbindt at Dec 26, 2009,
They should have split up the moment everyone realised they had nothing on megadeth.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
They should have split up the moment everyone realised they had nothing on megadeth.

Megadeth is vastly superior to Metallica.

Funny though, I put on "Kill em All" last night for the first time in aages. Still a great listen.
last.fm[/url}
no.there instumentals arent even that well composed. they just seem great cos most people dont listen to insrumental music and it seems great cos to them its unusual
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
It'd be better if Lars was the vocalist.

I saw the concert where each band member "switched" instruments.

Trust me, It would be awesome.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I wish they hadn't been a band to begin with.

this.

Metallica was a bad band. Anything they contributed to music was negative. I can't really see why anyone would enjoy listening to their music.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
this.

Metallica was a bad band. Anything they contributed to music was negative. I can't really see why anyone would enjoy listening to their music.

WHAT?!?! Negative? Please Explain. Ride The Lightning was a great album and so was AJFA. Kill em All was good too and MOP. Black Album, Load and Re-Load is alright. Everything else was meh. But they are still good. Kirk just needs to stop with the Wah and they would be perfect.

EDIT: And who knows what Dave Mustaine would doing right now if they never happened.
Last edited by Prodigy179 at Dec 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 3