Hi,

I'm currently using a crappy no-brand practice amp that's worth about $20, it's a 15W heap of junk, so I'm thinking of buying a new amp, and i'm torn between either the 15 or 30w Vypyr.

Will I notice a huge difference in my sound if I go ahead and get the 15W, or will I need to bump up to the 30W for that? I'm essentially wondering if it's worth going for the 30w, or will my sound improve enough with the 15w?

The only reason I ask is because I really need to save money for festival tickets next summer.

Thanks,
-Sam
the extra 15 watts is pretty much there for loudness's sake. I don't know if it changes the tone, but i doubt it changes too much. Are you gigging or bedroom playing?
The 15watts will be worth the difference. It's not just the wattage that changes, it also comes with a 12" speaker where as the 15 only has an 8". This makes quite a significant difference tonewise... You'll be able to get a much fuller sound out of the 30!
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
get the 15, assuming you dont gig at all.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
If i remember correctly there are also more effects on the 30. I own the Vypyr 30 and it's a great amp for bedroom playing and even small gigs.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
In terms of gigging, no, nothing big at all, only every now and then to be honest - and the volume of my crap amp seemed to suffice, so I think the 15w Vypyr would be okay for that.

I might be wrong, but I heard the 30w version comes with stomp box features which the 15w doesn't?
Quote by Deltast0rm
In terms of gigging, no, nothing big at all, only every now and then to be honest - and the volume of my crap amp seemed to suffice, so I think the 15w Vypyr would be okay for that.

I might be wrong, but I heard the 30w version comes with stomp box features which the 15w doesn't?

yes it does and they're very useful but remember you need the sanpera pedal to control the loop function if you need it.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!