Ok, so i've come into a bit of christmas money, and i'm gonna save it to buy a new bass to replace my ibanez soundgear. I wanted to know a few other people's experiances with the bass if any, and if you think it's a good first 5 string. i was also wondering what the primary difference between the Extreme & the Deluxe series is. Thanks in advance for your help =D.
Shadz
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Schecter basses are generall awesome, sound good, look good, play good, etc good.

The Deluxe is made from basswood which is a neutral tonewood whereas the Extreme is made from Walnut with flamed maple so you will get a deeper sound.
Hmmm. Well. i'm playing a few different genre's. Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, ___Core Stuff.
so what would you reccomend to variety, will the woods really matter with the EQ that's built into the bass?
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
I haven't a clue what to suggest for metal but if it helps, Basswood won't colour your tone at all but nomatter how you EQ with walnut basses your tone will always be walnut flavoured.

Go and try them out, compare them, see which you prefer then buy it.

Good choice on Schecter for metal though. If you get a chance look at Spector and Traben too, theyre both goot brands that fare well in metal.
Make sure you give it a good go before you buy it, trying it out with Schecter is a mush. There's a good amount of us out there who can't stand the way they feel, and you may or may not be one of them.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I think the Schecter basses are fine for metal but I would suggest considering a used (2 or 3 year old) Stiletto Elite 5 (honeyburst or black cherry) that should be $350 to $400. With luck you might even get a case. Many more people seem to buy 5 strings then those who end up loving them. That is why (I think) there are such good buys on the used market. I recently sold a 2007 for $399 to someone who plays metal and classic rock. He felt it was the best he could get at anywhere near the price. Having said all of that, I agreee fully with the suggestion to try to see, feel and play whatever it is that you are considering. No matter what bass anyone suggests, there will be others who love it and those who will hate it. What ultimately matters is what you like.