So, what's the most annoying, unfortunate thing that's happened to you, your guitar, in your guitar lesson etc.

Mine has to be while i was doing my grade 3 exam, my high e string decided to go out of tune further up the neck. This cost me a few marks! I told the guy and he found me a replacement guitar which was a Gibson Robot. I was excitied! I had never held a Gibson Robot before and he told me how to tune it up. Guess what, the batteries were dead on the auto tuners and just as we went to tune it manually, it had tuning locks on it! So what did i have to do? Yeah, use a really old Yamaha Pacifica which i detest with all my life and the fret buzz was immense which was soooo distracting!
I don't think i did well in that exam!

So you know, that was annoying.
Last edited by AlexThompson at Dec 26, 2009,
You take exams in guitar lessons? Never took lessons so I don't know..

I thought guitar lessons were just them teaching you stuff. Didn't know there were tests and grades and stuff
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
You take exams in guitar lessons? Never took lessons so I don't know..

I thought guitar lessons were just them teaching you stuff. Didn't know there were tests and grades and stuff

it depends on where you take those lessons.if it's in an academy, you get exams and stuff
I'M A COWBOY
Yeahhh you have lessons building up to the exam. Like in the lessons, you learn scales, chords, intervals and stuff like that. Well, that's where i go anyway. But if you want at the lessons, you can ask them to teach you songs and play along to a tune with your guitar teacher (if they're cool).
you can take exams through any guitar teacher although a outside examiner is brought in.

mine would have to be about 3 weeks ago (my memory doesn`t go that far back now i`m a old timer by UG standards (36 on monday)

i was giving a lesson, and within 5 minutes of the lesson starting my valveking amp, went up in volume then back down then back up( by itself) followed by a loud "POP" and the amp shut itself down. had to give the rest of the lesson unplugged as i had just blown a power tube and a fuse on the amp....embarassing to say the least. (tubes can blow at any time btw)
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by willwelsh816
jeez, were you plugged into a bad outlet? were you playing at volume 10?!? Lol

No, like i said valves can blow at any time, it`ll take the fuse with it....it was no big issue, replaced the valves and the fuse.