Im looking to use a vyper because its a tube amp, affordable and 120 watts but my friend says peavey amps break easily. might this be true UG? i like the tone alot actually but i want a good lasting amp for a few years and the peavey doesnt seem so bad at all
There are models in every brand that are prone to breakage. Even more prestigious or well known brands. My vertical input Marshall JCM 800 was in the shop every other month with problems. In general, Peavey amps are quite reliable.

I wouldn't recommend choosing an amp solely cause it's tube and rated high in wattage.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
well thats the thing, ive tried it and i liked the tone. i really like the clean channel as well. the only thing i dont like is there's so many effects that i cant just get a regular clean/distorted tone and it ends up on like reverb or something. or am i just missing something here?
Well the Vypyr is programmable so you can turn off all the modulation effects to have a dry clean or drive sound.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What's your budget?

Are you willing to go used?

What band's have a similar tone to what you're after?

What other gear do you have?
im good for about 400-700. idk i id like used because then thats a higher chance of blowing out if someones already used it. im after the Paul Waggoner/John Petrucci/Adam Jones kind of sound. I currently own a Vox AD30VT amp that is sadly blowing out , a Digitach Whammy pedal, a channel switcher, and a PRS SE custom 24
Quote by randyaintdead82
im good for about 400-700. idk i id like used because then thats a higher chance of blowing out if someones already used it. im after the Paul Waggoner/John Petrucci/Adam Jones kind of sound. I currently own a Vox AD30VT amp that is sadly blowing out , a Digitach Whammy pedal, a channel switcher, and a PRS SE custom 24

Often times you can find used amps that are much more reliable than some of the new amps on the market.

I don't know who Paul Waggoner is (but I probably should lol) but I know that Petrucci and Jones have pretty different tones.
Really? Hmmmm that sounds good. so what your saying is that if the amps already broken in, it could sound pretty well right? and Paul Waggoner is Between The Buried and Me's guitarist, very good i must say