Im into prog/jazz/fusion, stuff like satriani, petrucci, vai, greg howe, frank gambale, al di meola etc.

I need the best ampsim out there more then effects.

For distortion - I like smooth creamy punchy leads and strong solid non muddy rithym.

For clean - a nice rich and bright acoustic sim like the one on the gt 8 I have.(best clean sound ever with my guitar dunno why)

before you ask right now im using a keyboard amp since it adds no coloring and has a 7 band eq. And I also play keyboards. Some guy at music store told me it was bad idea, but to me it sounds like a roland jazz chorus which is pretty nice.

But I feel like the boss gt 8's distortion sounds too digital.

So any ideass?
so far im inclined towards the zoom g9.2tt or the vox tonelab

what are your suggestions?
Last edited by KdarienJ at Dec 26, 2009,
What's your price range?

I've NEVER found any modeller under $800 to sound good at all. And I think you are asking for too much for too little money if your considering brands like zoom and boss.

The Line 6 Vetta, and Hughes and Kettner ZenTera are what your after. Only problem is one costs around 1600, and the other double that.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
vox tonelab
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Doodleface
What's your price range?

I've NEVER found any modeller under $800 to sound good at all. And I think you are asking for too much for too little money if your considering brands like zoom and boss.

The Line 6 Vetta, and Hughes and Kettner ZenTera are what your after. Only problem is one costs around 1600, and the other double that.

Well I didn't actually say price range but you're right, I won't pay that, I'd rather get a mesa or an engl for that and some analog boxes. But I still wouldn't cuz I don't have that money right now =(. Im not looking for something deadspot perfect, but something that at the very least sounds decent!
Last edited by KdarienJ at Dec 26, 2009,
The boss and the vox will sound decent then. Try to find a decent interface for ur pc and take a look at Amplitube. Should save u some bucks. If ur willing to save some more money check out the digidesign eleven rack. Should do all u need with nice quality
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard