I got a digitech rp500 for christmas. I have installed the recording software (Cubase LE4) that came with the rp500. However, whenever I record something and then try to play it back, theres no sound. What am I doing wrong? I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
I had the same problem when i got my RP350. What you need to do is make sure you have a new project opened up and go to where it says devices in the toolbar. At the bottom of the list is says device setup, click on that. You need to switch the ASIO driver to The RP500 ASIO. (mine says RP350 ASIO but that's because I have the RP350). After you do that you should be able to record and it will playback through your amp.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Ok, I tried this and still no sound. Im not sure If I have it set up right. I have the rp500 running to the comp, and my guitar to the rp500. Is this correct, or do I need to plug my amp in also? Please forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm a total noob at this sort of stuff.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Make sure your default audio playback device is your sound card. It may be that the USB driver for the RP500 set it to be the RP500. If you have the RP500 hooked up to an amp and the amp is on then you would hear the sound.
I have checked, and the default playback is the sound card. Will it not playback through the speakers on the computer? And if I hook the amp up will it playback through the amp? Again, i apologize for my inability to understand how this stuff works. Thanks again.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Look in your soundcard properties and check the recording (tab?)

Also check the output of the RP500 and send it to USB?

Just suggestions as I don't have the pedal.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Trickle7052
I had the same problem when i got my RP350. What you need to do is make sure you have a new project opened up and go to where it says devices in the toolbar. At the bottom of the list is says device setup, click on that. You need to switch the ASIO driver to The RP500 ASIO. (mine says RP350 ASIO but that's because I have the RP350). After you do that you should be able to record and it will playback through your amp.

I just got this yesterday too, and my problem is, in the cubase device setup, rp500 ASIO doesn't show up. Only Asio direct x full duplex driver and asio4allv2 show up.

it sucks D:
Quote by billy0805
Ok, I tried this and still no sound. Im not sure If I have it set up right. I have the rp500 running to the comp, and my guitar to the rp500. Is this correct, or do I need to plug my amp in also? Please forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm a total noob at this sort of stuff.

Yeah you need to have your amp plugged in to. Have your guitar running to the pedal. The pedal to the amp. and the pedal's usb to the computer's usb. That's what i do and it works for me.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Quote by Yodog
I just got this yesterday too, and my problem is, in the cubase device setup, rp500 ASIO doesn't show up. Only Asio direct x full duplex driver and asio4allv2 show up.

it sucks D:

Then try the asio4allv2 it might work but i'm pretty sure the asio direct x full duplex driver won't work for it.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator