I've been playing for a year and a half now, and feel i have outgrown my Epiphone LP. I have a budget of £550 and play blues, metal, rock, funk, pop. Hendrix is my idle, so i guess a Strat would be a dream come true for me. I need a versatile guitar to be able to cover the genres i play, so i was thinking H-S-S setup.

My options at the moment are these two:

Fender Highway One Strat HSS £550

Fender Standard Strat HSS £350

I was hoping you could tell me if the Highway One is worth the extra cash (i was hoping to be able to afford a ticket to Sonisphere festival!), and if there are any other options, as i would be happy to go for another guitar that isn't a Strat if it's my best option.

Thanks!
The Highway one is american made, and the quality is better, but as far as playability goes, I would say they are at about the same level. I haven't had more then 15 minutes play time on either.
Or u can find a SSS guitar with an SC sized humbucker (bridge). Should cover all that. I would get the standard and after some months if unhappy with the tone maybe get a pickup upgrade. But it all comes down to comfort.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
The Highway One has a very thin nitro satin finish; some people like it, some people don't. It also has 22 jumbo frets, alnico pickups and, on the newer ones, a 70's style headstock.

The Standard has a poly finish (which is more durable and thicker), 21 medium jumbo frets, ceramic pickups, and the smaller headstock.

Really, you have to play them to see which one you prefer.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I like the highway one actually. Saying that, you could probably get a used USA strat for the same money.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.