I got about $400- $500 to spend i have some rough ideas on what i'm going to buy tomorrow but i would like to get some advice from you guys. I play mostly metal (top influences are Metallica, Children of Bodom, Bullet For My Valentine, and Trivium).

I'm deciding between a new guitar or amp. I already got a Jackson Rhoads but i am looking at anything from ESP, Ibanez, or I will even take another Jackson. Amp wise i just want something with that puts out over 60 watts that sounds great for metal. If you got good gear for metal give me some recomendations i need a second guitar to play or a bigger amp. Thanks in advance!
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
first get an amp. It's the biggest tone changer. Why do u need 60 watts? U'll be playing stadiums?
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
Quote by Wiintruder
first get an amp. It's the biggest tone changer. Why do u need 60 watts? U'll be playing stadiums?

My friend has a 100 watt amp! lol. My band is going to try and start playing places soon though but i do need an amp. The only reason i'm considering another guitar right now is because i can borrow an amp off of someone if i need to play a gig somewhere.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
If you're getting a new guitar soon being made by yourself I wouldn't see the point in buying a new guitar yet. Spend the cash on an amp and gig with that, I've never been a fan of gigging with other amps something bugged me about not being able to spend proper time with it to dial in the sound and that's even if I can get close to what I want.
Quote by Trickle7052
My friend has a 100 watt amp! lol. My band is going to try and start playing places soon though but i do need an amp. The only reason i'm considering another guitar right now is because i can borrow an amp off of someone if i need to play a gig somewhere.

Amp. You already have a perfect guitar. Now buy a new amp.
well double the watts doesnt mean double the volume. And as I said unless ur doing gigs in huge arenas U can do fine with a 30-50 watts amp. Power ain't tone. Look into bugera. Nice amps for metal in a budget and it will get u those tones with some tweaking and/or a nice boost.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
if you want a 60 watt amp the peavey 6505+ should be in your budget, it's 60watts and is effectivly built to play metal
The bugera amps have been intresting to me. But the guitar i'm building won't be done for a while. It's my senior project for school and I would like another guitar to play for now. But thanks anyways I might try looking into a smaller watt amp. Maybe i can find something cheap as a guitar to play for now because i keep my rhoads in drop c and i would like something to tune to standard since i play drop c and standard the most.
My equipment:
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Quote by Trickle7052
My friend has a 100 watt amp! lol. My band is going to try and start playing places soon though but i do need an amp.

What is his amp? if its solid state even a 40 maybe 30 watt tube amp would do the trick depending on the brand.

Try looking into a used mesa there really loud for there watt ratting and the sound is beautiful

EDIT:
If his is solid state maybe try convincing him to sell it and go for a lower watt tube amp. Even a $200-$300 tube amp is multitudes better tone wise.
Last edited by thatguy1893 at Dec 26, 2009,