So I just got me an iPod touch and I'm trying to get on the internet to use safari, ap store, etc. After a great deal of research I figured out that the password I need to connect to my locked network is my WEP key. I entered it and it says I am connected, with full signal strength, but I can't use anything that requires internet access. Sometimes I'll spontaniously get a moment of service, and I'll be able to connect to the ap store, but I can't get passed the main menu.

I suspect this has something to do with my network settings...

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.

Thanks!
In theory, if your WEP key was correct, it should work. If not, you either input something incorrectly, or something is wrong with your wireless router. The only other thing I know you can do from the iPod end is to go into settings>wifi> and where it says choose a network, tap other. You can then manually enter your network name, and choose which type of encryption your network uses. To find that out, just go into your router GUI and find the security section. Hope that helps : )
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
In theory, if your WEP key was correct, it should work. If not, you either input something incorrectly, or something is wrong with your wireless router. The only other thing I know you can do from the iPod end is to go into settings>wifi> and where it says choose a network, tap other. You can then manually enter your network name, and choose which type of encryption your network uses. To find that out, just go into your router GUI and find the security section. Hope that helps : )

Thanks for the response. How do I get to the GUI? Is that the IP-address-lookin thing that I type into the address bar?
^You use your standard gateway, most often the LAN ip, but with a 1 or something as the 4th number.
Is your router set to only accept devices with a certain MAC address? If so you need to onto your router and update the list with your Ipod touch's MAC address.
Quote by Spartan101400
Is your router set to only accept devices with a certain MAC address? If so you need to onto your router and update the list with your Ipod touch's MAC address.

how can I do that?
Have you tried deleting the connection from the iPod, and trying again. This worked for some one else here earlier.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Have you tried deleting the connection from the iPod, and trying again. This worked for some one else here earlier.

Yeah I've tried that several times. Thanks though