Ok, since the most recent fire dancing related thread was ~ 8 months ago and anything else was years before that, I felt the time was right to start a fire dancing thread.

Discuss anything to do with fire dancing, ie; poi, staves, orbs, etc...

I've just begun playing with poi and I'm curious to find out how many (if any) UG'ers are also into it and where their skill level is at.

For anyone curious as to what fire dancing actually entails, here is a Wikipedia definition and some awesome examples:

Fire dancing (also known as "fire twirling," "fire spinning," "fire performance," or "fire manipulation") is a group of performance arts or disciplines that involve manipulation of objects on fire.

Poi spinning

Staff spinning

Fire umbrella

Many more great videos can be found on Youtube.
Angel's stone
Obnoxious truth? Blatant lies? Begin to divine paranoia's guise.
Last edited by Jorsa at Dec 26, 2009,
I'm suprised this is popular enough on a Guitar forum to warrant a thread dedicated to it. But prove me wrong
Last edited by Frooshy at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by The_Casinator
Does running around while on fire count too?

No, but dancing does. Also, does dancing to song with fire in the title, such as Fire by Hendrix and I'm On Fire by Springsteen, count?
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by Frooshy
I'm suprised this is popular enough on a Guitar forum to warrant a thread dedicated to it. But prove me wrong

it's not popular enough, especially since the last thread about it was months ago
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

fearofthemark: But it's an awesome enough art to deserve it's own thread in the hopes of encouraging popularity among UG'ers....
Angel's stone
Obnoxious truth? Blatant lies? Begin to divine paranoia's guise.