It sounds like it connects via WIFI so you shouldn't need any special subscription as long as you have access to a wireless connection.
Quote by daytripper75
It sounds like it connects via WIFI so you shouldn't need any special subscription as long as you have access to a wireless connection.

?? i dunno i have regular broadband in the house. can i buy wifi ontop or what?
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
?? i dunno i have regular broadband in the house. can i buy wifi ontop or what?

You need a wireless router if you don't already have one.
Quote by daytripper75
You need a wireless router if you don't already have one.

i do but i would be using this with the internet 10 miles or so away from my house.
Well your router doesn't send the signal that far.

You would have to be somewhere that has a wireless hotspot. Many coffee shops and libraries have them. Other places do as well.
Quote by daytripper75
Well your router doesn't send the signal that far.

You would have to be somewhere that has a wireless hotspot. Many coffee shops and libraries have them. Other places do as well.

so how come when i use the internet on my phone it always works even in remote areas??
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
so how come when i use the internet on my phone it always works even in remote areas??

your phone's internet doesn't connect via WiFi but rather via 3G or GPRS, depending on what phone you have. these networks are run by the telecom companies and offer widespread, albeit slower, access.
however, PMPs are not phones so you'll need wifi to connect to the internet using that thing in the video.
Because your phone doesn't use WIFI. It connects using your service providers network, which is probably 3G.
Quote by B455GU174R
if you have a PC at home this is useless i think

I think he has already made it clear that he intends to use it away from home.
Quote by B455GU174R
if you have a PC at home this is useless i think

not really, if you assume i would take my base unit a monitor and a power generator on the bus and walking down the street.