Page 1 of 2
Hello boys and girls.. Well I have a Dean Vendetta that I got a few years back for 45$ (I didn't even need the thing but for a price that low why the hell not? I figured I could just toss it as some gig and break it for fun... but that never ended up happening and it's just been collecting dust in my room for like three years now)

Anyway, I just thought, why not fix it up a bit? See what I can do with it.
Here's the catch: I really don't care what happens with this guitar, it's just gonna be for fun and hey if it turns out great that's a bonus.

Now importantly: What would you wanna do with it if you were in my shoes? Have you had any ideas for custom building on guitars that you never tried (lack of cash, didn't wanna **** up the gutiar etc.) I'm gonna take the best ideas I see and try them out.
Um... change pickups?

Thats 1

Sine you don't care about it maybe refinish it and just make it look sick
Quote by bobthebum16
Um... change pickups?

Thats 1

Sine you don't care about it maybe refinish it and just make it look sick

Yeah, I was thinkin' putting bass pickups in it. Local H style.
But no really be creative, think of any crazy idea that just may work and I'll try it out, it's basically a guitar that anyone can try out their ideas on and I'll check if they work.
A community guitar, if you will.
Quote by Scumbag1792
Yeah, I was thinkin' putting bass pickups in it. Local H style.
But no really be creative, think of any crazy idea that just may work and I'll try it out, it's basically a guitar that anyone can try out their ideas on and I'll check if they work.
A community guitar, if you will.

Bass pickups in a guitar??

That sounds sick! haha

Yeah try that and tell us how it sounds
Quote by bobthebum16
Bass pickups in a guitar??

That sounds sick! haha

Yeah try that and tell us how it sounds

I'll tell you now it will sound like shit. Like a guitar with no high end. It won't make the low end any beefier.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
i would definately LOVE to see what happens with bass pu's. Maybe do a HSH config, have the bass pickup at the bridge, a really low output sc in the middle, and a fernandes sustainer at the neck. it would probably sound horrible, but i would like to see what happens
burn the guitar and tell us how long the fire lasts
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I'll tell you now it will sound like shit. Like a guitar with no high end. It won't make the low end any beefier.

Oh

Well have YOU ever tried it?

HAHAHA!!
Quote by holycow

+100

I will wire you money from my account in Switzerland if you do this.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Make it a hollow body! And put a f-hole above the pickguard. That'll make it interesting.

EDIT: By that I mean carving the insides of the body out instead of replacing the whole body with a hollow body.
Last edited by firesword876 at Dec 26, 2009,
I suggested this idea a while back, put a pencil sharpener in it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I think you should get a new body and try to make a spherical guitar.. I doubt it's ever been done..

HELLO!

Quote by blindsagacity

our year 7 resistant materials project was a wooden tugboat with a pencil sharpener in it =] so full of win
Chamber it w/ F-holes, put a piezo in it, put a carved top on it, one active, one passive pickup (with SYK's wiring scheme), A Trem King TK-1, and silverburst paintjob.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Lol brock and your silverburst.

I had an idea for a detachable fretboard extension piece.

Like a block of wood with frets built in (at the correct placement) bolted in right after your real fretboard ends. Continue that to 36 frets and 1 humbucker in the bridge.

Or if you're feeling adventurous, a neck pickup under the fretboard uli jon roth style.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by blindsagacity

I remember you, that was an epic idea. Too bad the guy never did it.

I would do several things to it, if you want to spend the money, try out some GF pickups, add some graphtech tuners and nut to it, and if it dosent already have it, try to put a flame maple or quilted maple top on it somehow. Experiment.
other than a repaint,
high output humbucler at the bridge, and a q-tuner at the neck, then 2 single coils inbetween. also a midi pickup so you can do midi stuffs.

the wireing would consist of the bridge haveing a vol/spst switch, then for the otheres, blend knob on the single coils , and blend between the single coil nearest the neck and the q-tuner.
each pickup (like the bridge HB) would have a single spst switch to turn them on/off.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Put a Amplifer in it, wire it so u just hit a switch a battery charges it and the cables are already on it. Take the guitar and hold it by the body and just destroy the neck then make a neck thats 50 frets with 5 humbuckers in the body. Now for the fun part on every Odd fret put inlays of a pen-is then lets take BlindSagaCity's idea and put Pencil Sharpners every even fret then paint your face on the body with the tremolo coming out your mouth and put a bubble saying "This Axe Is Sick Huh?" then go to the local bar and just start playing it and see how famous you get from this! And when you are famous you say i inspired you and put my name on ur guitar, car, house, cat, and children and give me 1/4 of your forunate.

P.S. I might patent this so Only i can build this. If i ever feel like it! Muhahahahaha
Quote by blindsagacity
Lol brock and your silverburst.

I like silverburst goddammit.

Route it for a trem. Throw a Kahler in that bitch.

Buy a bunch of stains and paintbrushes and go at it. Make designs with stain. Not even sure if that's possible but by God you'll do it!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
one volume knob, one tone, then 4 effects knobs. Like some of the ones at Guitarfetish.
Distortion
wah
Compressor/limiter
Chorus

http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html

would be cool. Chicks would dig it.
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Put some keyboard keys on it, and stick a lump of wood going vertically down the guitar then string it up and you'll have a key-tar-harp.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
hmm, cup holders, mini fridge? cigarette holder? lighter in the head stock?
cut a hole out of it, put in a plastic tank, fill it with beer, attach tube, BEER GUITAR!
crazy paintjob, kill swtiches ect . . .
sky's the limit
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Glue mirrors( like the little mirror squares on disco balls) all over the body. Then when you have a solo, you'll need to get a spotlight to shine on the guitar. I saw one of Vai's JEMs like that. Coolest guitar ever.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jemeput
instead of putting the pickups in the conventional way... why not turn it 90 degrees from its initial position... what will happen?

Not much I would expect. Noise
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
There was a bass posted a while back that had 4 lipstick pickups vertically under each string. They had to be wired in series just to get output.

yep, if we're thinking of the same bass, thats a modulo.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by BladeSlinger
Not much I would expect. Noise

what if you put 6 single coils like this one for each string
that would be the most sensitive guitar ever made

on a serious note TS
i'd convert it to a HSSH
keep it a hardtail (unless you have the XMT)
and a new paintjob
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
You wouldn't have nearly enough room for 6 single coils. The only reason it fit on the bass is because bass strings are spaced really far apart.

Quote by bv310
You wouldn't have nearly enough room for 6 single coils. The only reason it fit on the bass is because bass strings are spaced really far apart.
.... What if rails are used :O!
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Still wouldn't fit.

Quote by bv310
Still wouldn't fit.

Three dual-rails should fit stacked vertically and one rail would be under each string.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Sell it? You should be able to make a few bucks and put that towards some beer and/or a piece of equipment you actually want.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
Hollow out the body and put a smoke machine inside so that your guitar really is smokin.

So when you get to a pschedlic solo, like floyd do, then you can flick a switch and smoke will billow out the f-holes. Psyched out or what?

:L
Page 1 of 2