Page 1 of 3
No ****ing shit.

Me and my family (Mom, Dad, two young sisters) were on our way to our relative's house for St. Stephen's Day (Boxing Day) celebrations, and after a corner there was a 15m stretch of road that had pure, glass-like ice on it, I mean, I could barely even walk on it.

So my Dad took the corner, having gone out earlier that day to check if the roads were ok, since there had been ice recently, and they were, including this piece of road.

The car went to the right, then to the left, into the ditch, through a tree, into a deep dyke, flipped over roughly 3-4 times and broke down 2 other trees. It came to a rest upside-down, resting between a big tree and a ditch, slightly over a small river.

I turned to my sister, who wasn't moving. I shouted in my head: "Oh ****, oh ****!", then looked in her eyes, and she looked back at me. I managed to push the button on my seatbelt, fall onto the roof and roll down the window. I got my sisters out into the tree and we were helped up over the ditch by a passer-by who had stopped.

I looked back down, and our family car was upside down. 20 seconds ago I was staring out the window thinking about what I was gonna do when I got to my relative's house. My Dad was trying to get my Mom out, but she was stuck. I was freaked, but I got my sisters up the ditch and into the passer-by's car, out of the cold.

My Mom eventually got out, and got dropped home by the passer-by. Me and my Dad stayed behind to meet with Police, who later dropped us home. We all ****ing walked out of the accident.

Jesus, Pit. I keep getting kinda 'flashbacks' of what the car felt like as it left the road. It really seemed like some day-dreams that I have, but I realised it was real. My first car crash was nearly my last.

Anyway...
Ever been in a bad crash?

EDIT: Pics.

Sorry for big pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBDO4bWohs
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Dec 26, 2009,
van flip
band flip
no care ever

On topic, I got in a fender bender once.
love is love // return to dust
Dude that must have been terrifying. As soon as I saw the thread I was like "No, not KirkMetallica! He's one of my favorite users!"

I've never been in anything like that, and I hope those flashes go away dude.
The playground of the world
no, because i drive well

just kidding, but i really haven't been in any bad accidents. only one accident with my ex-girlfriend, and that wasn't bad at all.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Eddie4President
Dude that must have been terrifying. As soon as I saw the thread I was like "No, not KirkMetallica! He's one of my favorite users!"

I've never been in anything like that, and I hope those flashes go away dude.

Aww
Bertolt Bretcht

That shit is frightening.

Coping by laughing about it is awesome, laughter is such a great healing tool

" its great to be here guys."
last.fm[/url}
Hey guys my names Cliff Burton
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by HelpTravesty
That shit is frightening.

Coping by laughing about it is awesome, laughter is such a great healing tool

" its great to be here guys."

Yeah, I'm a positive person. First thing I did after everyone was out of the car and talking was say: "Aw man, my new shoes are covered in mud."

My Mom's shaken up, wouldn't blame her, but I think there's nothing to do but laugh. We're all out alive, which is awesome.

EDIT: ^ No, I'm Kirk and I survived. But I can imagine what it was like on September 27th, 1986.
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Dec 26, 2009,
I hope you guys have collision insurance.

You're really, really lucky no one got hurt, and you're probably gonna be very sore tomorrow.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Idk, on Decemeber 3rd, 2006 I ran into the side of a compact car going 45 miles per hour, I dislocated my knee and broke my femur, not really a car crash so much as a car crashing into me....
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Dude you just visited my profile a couple of days ago. If you would have died that would have been ****ing crazy.

Don't you bring your evil on me boy!
Quote by KirkMetallica
Yeah, I'm a positive person. First thing I did after everyone was out of the car and talking was say: "Aw man, my new shoes are covered in mud."

My Mom's shaken up, wouldn't blame her, but I think there's nothing to do but laugh. We're all out alive, which is awesome.

EDIT: ^ No, I'm Kirk and I survived. But I can imagine what it was like on September 27th, 1986.

That sucks about your shoes man.

The other day my roomate and I got in a crash. No matter how serious the crash, living the accident seems like an eternity.
last.fm[/url}
You're lucky man, I'm glad everyone came out OK.
I never got hit by a car, but I do get jumped a lot when I'm on foot. It's actually quite similar .
This never happens when you drive a helicopter

Yeah
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
My mom and dad were in a car accident.

My dad died, but my mom survived with an injured leg.

Count yourself lucky.
Quote by Crizzle
Hey guys my names Cliff Burton

:/ You're an ass.

Sorry to hear about your accident man. Hope all is well.
Gear:

Charvel So-Cal Style 1 HH
Jackson Pro Series RR24M
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT

JCM 2000 TSL 100
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
This never happens when you drive a helicopter

Yeah

Tell that to Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Tell that to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Yeah, maybe they should've tried flying the goddamn thing instead of driving it.
Back when I was twelve or so, my dad, this other guy and I went off a hill in an old jeep and flipped five times. I just remember seeing the sky spinning around. Freaked me the fuck out.
Quote by Philip_pepper
My mom and dad were in a car accident.

My dad died, but my mom survived with an injured leg.

Count yourself lucky.

Sorry man..
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by The_Casinator
Yeah, maybe they should've tried flying the goddamn thing instead of driving it.

Exactly, when you try to drive a helicopter, you end up on the side the mountain with a dead guitarist.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Exactly, when you try to drive a helicopter, you end up on the side the mountain with a dead guitarist.

Flying a bus in Sweden doesn't work out for bassists either.
Quote by The_Casinator

Oh Cas, you flip cars with one pelvic thrust.
The playground of the world
Quote by The_Casinator

Well the bus driver WAS Swedish! Aw man, I've got one helluva bruise on my hip from the seatbelt!
Bertolt Bretcht

This never happens when your riding a pony

yeah
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
This never happens when your riding a pony

yeah

Funny thing was while I was in the back of the Squad car the Guard goes:

"Charlie Delta 1 to Cotnrol, Charlie Delta 1, over." In a Pat Short voice
Bertolt Bretcht

well now you have a crazy story to tell

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speedy1330
well now you have a crazy story to tell

Yep.
Bertolt Bretcht

accidents are terrifying. i got in an accident towards Reno, there was already a crash there that involved a police officer who didn't put out flares to warn people like he was supposed to.
a mix of oil, water and ice made it practically impossible to pass without crashing. it was also a very busy freeway. there were 9 other cars crashed after we did, it was like dodging cars going 50 mph sliding sideways. like a ****ing crazy frogger

In the car with me was my gf, her sister and her sisters boyfriend, as well as her dad, a ferret, and a puppy. everyone was ok which was crazy cause we hit the wall at 50mph. 4runners are like tanks. we still have it and drive it
I was in my first car accident last week. I was trying to take a corner, fish tailed, and spun sideways off the road, barely missing a stop sign. If I was going a little bit faster I would have easily rolled it. It was still really scary shit.

I've been in a rollover when I was about 4, but I don't remember it.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I was in a crash when I was young, the door came in on top of my mom but I was fine. My mom didn't know that though, and she freaked trying to get me out. My mom managed to open her door and get me out, but the firefighter's said afterwards they didn't know how she did it, especially with a broken collar bone. Apparently it was a display of superhuman strength. I kid you not.

Glad to hear you and your family are fine though.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
I was in a crash when I was young, the door came in on top of my mom but I was fine. My mom didn't know that though, and she freaked trying to get me out. My mom managed to open her door and get me out, but the firefighter's said afterwards they didn't know how she did it, especially with a broken collar bone. Apparently it was a display of superhuman strength. I kid you not.

Glad to hear you and your family are fine though.

That's pure adrenaline. It's a great display of human survival instincts.
Quote by The_Casinator
That's pure adrenaline. It's a great display of human survival instincts.
I found that out in later years, but I went ages thinking my mom was supermom or something.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I was in my first car accident last week. I was trying to take a corner, fish tailed, and spun sideways off the road, barely missing a stop sign. If I was going a little bit faster I would have easily rolled it. It was still really scary shit.

I've been in a rollover when I was about 4, but I don't remember it.

What's scary is that I think that the car actually flipped frontwards, as opposed to sideways, because my side window wasn't smashed, only the left hand side, because that's where it landed against the ditch. It also landed as if it flipped frontways.

Man, that was ****ed up,
Bertolt Bretcht

But the good news is that you know can write a song called "A Nightmare to Remember"! Oh, wait... :S

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Your username should be CliffMetallica.....

I kid, glad you're ok..

No, if he died, he would.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Last edited by ..NEM.. at Dec 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 3