Page 1 of 2
??? This Might Be Lame...

But how would you do it.Balancing the ego's?.Etc Etc ....
I sure Billy Connelly is a musician too
Don't take my word for it though, I'd have to check it.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Weird Al is my idol.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Quote by Crizzle
I sure Billy Connelly is a musician too
Don't take my word for it though, I'd have to check it.

Yep he started as a folk musician, Bill Bailey started as a keyboardist in hotel lobbys and the likes if i remember right, i think he may have been in a prog band too back in the day.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
Yep he started as a folk musician, Bill Bailey started as a keyboardist in hotel lobbys and the likes if i remember right, i think he may have been in a prog band too back in the day.

Isnt he mainly known for his comedy???
Comedic musical acts usually make me sick, they're invariably the class clown from school, who gets way too much attention for the amount of talent they actually have.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Tim Minchin?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Markie!
Isnt he mainly known for his comedy???

Both are yeah but my point is that they started as serious musicians and then switched over to comedy.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
See, Steven Lynch he is so f***ing funny. You'll dig him, trust me.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
I know Lee Evans usually ends his show by playing a song on piano and other instruments. And there's the guy from the Pink panther (forget his name) who recently released an album. You could very easily mix the two things, but you'd probably have to take long breaks from one to do the other, or just not have a lot of freetime.
i would, but i'm only funny to me...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Why split them up?

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by aaciseric
I know Lee Evans usually ends his show by playing a song on piano and other instruments. And there's the guy from the Pink panther (forget his name) who recently released an album. You could very easily mix the two things, but you'd probably have to take long breaks from one to do the other, or just not have a lot of freetime.

Steve Martin. Kickass banjo player.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by alkalineweeman
Both are yeah but my point is that they started as serious musicians and then switched over to comedy.

Tat shows he gave more of his time to comedy.How can you be remembered for both?
I'd do it, serious musician/comedian on the side.

Would require shit-tons of free time.

Good thing I just so happen to have shit-tons of free time.
John Mayer, maybe?
Not a huge fan of his music but he is an extremely talented musician and has done stand-up. Pretty damn funny.
I only thought of one man when I saw this, Steve Hughes, amazing comedian and musician separately.

Comedy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAGJpISVERg

Drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOpEOyF_3A8&feature=related
Quote by blankoff
bill bailey FTW!

this. got his new dvd for xmas.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Eddie Murphy
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
why is it that people can appreciate comedic films, theater and literature, but comedic music is for idiots and isn't taken seriously? i don't get it.
#DTWD
Well personally, no because I'm not that funny T.T but I think Dave Grohl would make a pretty good comedian.
Brian Haner Sr.

/Thread
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
The guy from Outkast, Eminem(ok not so much Eminem).
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by primusfan
why is it that people can appreciate comedic films, theater and literature, but comedic music is for idiots and isn't taken seriously? i don't get it.

I think it's because MOST comedy music is terrible. For every Bill Bailey or Tim Minchin, who are actually funny with music, there are a million others who are terrible. It's a genre in which it's very difficult to succeed. I've watched enough late night Comedy Central specials with "musical comedians," who are mostly boring men with acoustics singing songs about blowjobs and such, to hate them forever.

To convictionless, I completely agree There are quite a lot of musicians who would make good comedians, Mikael Akerfeldt is one I've always found to be hilarious.
Page 1 of 2