hey guys, my ipod is messed up. the headphone jack doesnt work unless the headphones are 1/2 in or there is pressure on it. if someone can help me that would be sweet if you need more info ask and ill look at it. thanks
if its what i think it is it can be fixed but is a hassle since the parts are so small and if you arent to sure what your doing you could cause more problems to the ipod. i would just try to get another one
check the ipod with a different set of headphones. If its still doing the same thing you need to get it fixed. Try to get it done under warranty though, its quite expensive.

Over here it costs approx €80
Quote by nigeltheginger
Is it definitely the iPod and not the headphones?

yes i checked with 3 pairs and then also with a cable attached to a stereo all of which worked at the same postions.
Quote by sbinlb
if its what i think it is it can be fixed but is a hassle since the parts are so small and if you arent to sure what your doing you could cause more problems to the ipod. i would just try to get another one

yeah thats what i was thinking too i read on here about someone trying mod one and how hard they are to put back together. I was not trying to mod it haha