hey guys! so i got a 60$gift certificate from amazon and i was thinking about buying ps3 games so what do you reccomend???

I have uncharted 1 and 2 and fifa 2010

I like all kinds of games, except gore and strategy... im a big superhero fan btw..

I was thinking of buying spiderman web of shadows, monopoly and lego star wars the complete saga for 60$ but im not too sure...

so what would you reccomend??

keep in mind where i live theres no chance to rent games or wtvr, and they are really expensive over here, so i guess i wouldnt be getting more games until summer

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
just wait till "Heavy Rain" comes out and get it. I'm sure it'll be a great hit. Watch some trailers and demos in Youtube to find out what im talking about!
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Gaming Thread
    Quote by Ichikurosaki
    sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
    killzone 2, InFamous (its like, anti-hero superhero. its ****ing sweet!), modern warfare 2

im buying my ps3 in a few hours.
    Since you love super heros, buy Batman: Arkym Assylum or Infamous. The new Batman game is said to be the best superhero game of all time; I really liked it. And Infamous won a lot of praise for being one of the best games of the year, and one of the reasons to buy a ps3.
    Quote by greennblue10
    Since you love super heros, buy Batman: Arkym Assylum or Infamous. The new Batman game is said to be the best superhero game of all time; I really liked it. And Infamous won a lot of praise for being one of the best games of the year, and one of the reasons to buy a ps3.

I was just about to suggest Batman Arkham Asylum and inFamous.
    Killzone 2
    Batman: Arkham Assylum (sp)
    If you haven't got it - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
    This will start a RIOT! in me
    Infamous, Prototype , Assassins Creed 2, Brutal Legend , The Saboteur and modern warfare 2, all amazing games
    Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci X

Amp - Ronald cube 60, willing be getting a Mark V soon
    Quote by SilentHeaven109

Greatest game ever made. Anyone who owns a PS3 needs this game. Trust me, buy it, now

that and Tekken are the only PS3 games I have
    Demon's Souls.....I dare you
    Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
    Epiphone Korina Explorer
    Line 6 Flextone III 75w
    Quote by TheReverend724
    that and Tekken are the only PS3 games I have

I actually have 7 PS3 games, but I haven't played the other 6 because MGS4 is too good
    Quote by sgany
    Infamous, Prototype , Assassins Creed 2, Brutal Legend , The Saboteur and modern warfare 2, all amazing games

Modern Warfare 2 is not amazing, it is 7/10 material.
    Quote by Erik_Aero
    Won't $60 get you like, one game?

They could be a sale on or there could be an offer or something...
    Quote by Gregoric
    Demon's Souls.....I dare you

I just got that for Christmas. It's so. Effing. Awesome.

I'd get Arkham Asylum out of the most suggested games in this thread, but that's mostly because I didn't like InFamous.
    maybe if you had a
    revolver
    you'd
    suck less

press
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
    PSN: BeastlyBassist
    Steam: Beastly396
    Web Of Shadows isn't that great. Worth a rent, but not a purchase.

Get Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction
    Quote by justinb904
    im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
    Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
    Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
    when its released : God Of War III ... ace game with an amazing soundtrack too
    Quote by rgrockr
    You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
    Quote by creelers
    Modern Warfare 2 is not amazing, it is 7/10 material.

I disagree, it's pretty special i'd say, not just solid.

On topic, don't buy COD5, the only decent part about it is zombies (which is, to be fair, pretty awesome) but it's rumoured they're releasing a separate game for that anyway. Modern Warfare is the way to go, people who don't like it probably:

a. haven't played it properly
    b. are jumping on the hate bandwagon because of its popularity.

*possible flameshield?*

EDIT: heavy rain looks intriguing....
    Last edited by MOODY17 at Dec 26, 2009,
    Quote by sporkman7
    Assassins creed II, Modern warfare 2, Prototype, and Infamous.

If you havent bought all of those in the next 2 hours, I will break into your house and TEAR YOUR WIFE IN HALF.

Is assassin's creed II actually any good? I have the first one... sorry, you sound like a harcore fan
    Killzone 2 or Resistance 2 if you're looking for solid, challenging shooters. Modern Warfare 2 is also a good choice, but that one's kind of a given.

Either of the Ratchet and Clank Future games if you're looking for action/platforming.

Demon's Souls if you're looking for an awesome action/RPG experience that will make you cry like a little bitch in front of your friends and family.
    Quote by MOODY17
    Is assassin's creed II actually any good? I have the first one... sorry, you sound like a harcore fan

So far it's turning out to be pretty cool. It's not the mini mission repeat-athon like the first one was (even though I still liked AC1)

Quote by madbasslover
    Demon's Souls if you're looking for an awesome action/RPG experience that will make you cry like a little bitch in front of your friends and family.

Actually, I've never been pissed off when I died on Demon's Souls. They've somehow made it so it's hard but not cheap-hard. When you die, it's your own fault for not watching your health, not reading the notes, charging in etc.

Definitely on my top 5
    maybe if you had a
    revolver
    you'd
    suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Dec 26, 2009,
    Quote by MOODY17

lol no, im not really a hardcore fan. i just rented it a couple of days ago. it seems pretty good so far. you have to really suck to actually get killed by the enemies. usually i die because I fall from a high up place.

that said, I really hate the freerunning system. its unnecessarily hard to move around.
    MGS 4 is a must-play. It might be the best game I have ever played.

Because you like superheroes, I'd also recommend inFamous.
    Quote by Killian5-0
    I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
    nexteyenate you win
    Linux
    Quote by sporkman7
    lol no, im not really a hardcore fan. i just rented it a couple of days ago. it seems pretty good so far. you have to really suck to actually get killed by the enemies. usually i die because I fall from a high up place.

that said, I really hate the freerunning system. its unnecessarily hard to move around.

I'll agree with the freerunning to some extent. It works well, but without regenerating health like number 1, misjudging distances only to miss and lose half your health sucks hard.
    maybe if you had a
    revolver
    you'd
    suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
    Actually, I've never been pissed off when I died on Demon's Souls. They've somehow made it so it's hard but not cheap-hard. When you die, it's your own fault for not watching your health, not reading the notes, charging in etc.

Definitely on my top 5

Well, I'm stuck on my second play through as one of my characters and I haven't made it half way with the other. I love Demon's Souls, but sometimes it seems more to me like a Japanese torture device than a video game. My problem could be that I never play online. After my first encounter with a black phantom I decided it wasn't worth it.