I think the last thread people were thinking a bit too much stock Marshall so I found a clip of the kind of Distortion I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcTIpt75BI

This is the kind of tone I want, and I'd also like to be able to slosh on more gain for a more metal type distortion if I wanted it too. To me it sounds kind of Marshall-ish, maybe a JCM900.
the first that comes to mind for that specific tone is a line 6 vetta II

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Line 6 vetta 2, its an amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I never really considered a DS-1 before. I guess with single coils it might sound like that. Maybe a modded DS-1?
Quote by timzee117
the first that comes to mind for that specific tone is a line 6 vetta II

Errm... The Vetta doesn't have its own tone really... It's a modelling amp and therefore models the sound of other amplifiers.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
I never really considered a DS-1 before. I guess with single coils it might sound like that. Maybe a modded DS-1?

If you want a really trebley sound, you'd be better off to get a BD2. trust me.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Sampy
Errm... The Vetta doesn't have its own tone really... It's a modelling amp and therefore models the sound of other amplifiers.

I assumed he was just generally in love with the amp, or taking the piss since I wasn't looking for an uber round t00b like mid heavy overdrive.