Is it just me, or the Minesweeper game (that comes with the Windows OS) is one of the most stupid games of all time?

A friend said that the game is extremely addictive, and that is a good brain exercise, because it is completely about logic.

So, for the first time, i decided to give the game a try.
But wasn't long before i started to feel frustrated -- soon, started to appear situations i couldn't handle... Unless i was some kind of psychic.

EXAMPLES:

Is it just me, or you can't win the games on the pictures by using logic alone?
To me, this brings the game to a matter of luck... You just gamble on the tile you HOPE there isn't a mine on...

Not to mention the ocasional one-click game over, when you start a new game, and the first tile you click in, is a mine. (Although some people say that this doesn't happen, it has happened to me twice before i got frustrated -- reason why i didn't took screenshots.)

Since this kind of situations come up all the time, i really don't think Minesweeper is a game of logic and intelligence. It has a lot of luck involved.
And, as a fan of games that can be won with skill and/or logic alone, Minesweeper was a disappointment to me.

What's your opinion about the game?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
best game. every so often, you are forced to take a guess, but most of the time it can be avoided.
I hate that game, always feel like I should be getting paid for that much thinking.
It's logic AND a random element. It's the best of both worlds.

I, for one, don't understand the appeal of poker. It's pretty much entirely down to randomness and probability. I prefer games where the player has a larger effect on the outcome of the game without relying too much on luck.
But it is logical. You do know how to play Minesweeper besides the "tick all the boxes randomly really fast" approach, yeah?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
But it is logical. You do know how to play Minesweeper besides the "tick all the boxes randomly really fast" approach, yeah?

Look at TS's screenshots. It's mostly logical, but sometimes the only option is to guess

Anywhom, I've always preferred Tetris, but I don't mind a game of Minesweeper every now and then. I just don't play it long enough to experience the aforementioned frustration
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by dgme92

That's not how you play?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by maidenrulz19
That's not how you play?

the numbers that appear around the boxes signifies how many bombs that particular numbered square is touching.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by uhh_me?
best game. every so often, you are forced to take a guess, but most of the time it can be avoided.

Yep.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
STEADY THE FUCK ON! Minesweeper in Vista/7 doesn't have the smiley man?!?!?!
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
minesweeper is one beast of a game
but i do hate it when you have to take guesses

Type in 'xyzzy' and then hit Shift, if you look in the very top left hand corner, a single white pixel should appear. If you hover over a mine the pixel will disappear. I use it to freak people out by 'guessing' where all the mines are before i've even clicked on a square

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
its actually qite simple...

experts a bitch but other then that its great i admit sometimes you have to guess but mostly you can get a cescent idea of where not to click
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
amazing game. you have to take guesses sometimes. it is like life, logic can get you to the very end, but there are situations in which you just have to choose the square on the left or the square on the right.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I don't know how to play it Really i just click random spots and get blowed
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    I used to play that game all the time. I love it because it takes logic and luck, as well as really fast thinking and clicking if you're going for best times.

here's my high scores

Beginner: 7 seconds
    Intermediate: 52 seconds
    Expert: 154 seconds

i also used to like to see how fast I could beat solitaire on normal mode. I remember my fastest time being under 60 seconds.

edit: dude above me, open minsweeper, hit F1, and read through the help files.
    Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 26, 2009,
    Best score on easy : 4 seconds
    Best score on intermediate : 60 seconds
    Best score on expert : 210 seconds

I used to play it all the time, but I couldn't really be bothered any more.

Edit: Actually, my best score on easy is 3 seconds, I think that deserves another
    Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Dec 26, 2009,
    Quote by MapOfYourHead
    Best score on easy : 4 seconds
    Best score on intermediate : 60 seconds
    Best score on expert : 210 seconds

I used to play it all the time, but I couldn't really be bothered any more.

Edit: Actually, my best score on easy is 3 seconds, I think that deserves another

awesome lol. on easy it really is luck for getting fast times. sometimes it'll only take a few clicks and most of the time it doesn't. when I got 7 seconds I said to hell with it
    Quote by jgbsmith
    STEADY THE FUCK ON! Minesweeper in Vista/7 doesn't have the smiley man?!?!?!

This is sacrilege!! Really not cool. Anyway I like minesweeper. There's only the occasional guess.
    I like the game

Beginner 7 Seconds
    Intermediate 42 Seconds
    Expert 109 Seconds
    It's true that the first click is never a mine. If you use the "cheat" that someone mentioned already (xyzzy enter shift+enter) before starting the game, click a spot that shows as a mine and it wont be.
    *This Space For Rent*
    Solitaire over Minesweeper anyday of the week.

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

GAH... stupid images. Eh... The Game.
    Last edited by blackenedktulu at Dec 26, 2009,
    Quote by uhh_me?

Yea, it's great, I've spent so much time playing it.

For those who like a challenge, don't place any mines, just click where there are none, it's so satisfying hitting the last safe square and all the mines show up instantly after

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
    Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.