Page 1 of 9
Pit, what are some of the major plotholes in a movie that are just so blatant, you can't ignore and enjoy the movie? The major skips in logic that just cause you physical pain to witness

For instance, in Citizen Kane, he dies alone, and WHISPERS his last word, then a minute later the nurse runs in to see what happened...WHO HEARD HIS LAST WORD?!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
the yellow submarine movie

something is fishy about it, the fact that the sgt peppers was purple ruined the movie for me

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by genghisgandhi
All those parts of The Bible.

Causing problems where they don't need to be caused

here's to hoping you didn't just **** up this thread into a religion debate, jackass
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by pwninator123

here's to hoping you didn't just **** up this thread into a religion debate, jackass

Calm the head, asshat
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
TS, no one hears his last words. I think that's part of the movie? How else is the audience supposed to know what he's thinking? I really don't think it's a plot hole. I've seen worse I'm sure.
Quote by burndttoast
TS, no one hears his last words. I think that's part of the movie? How else is the audience supposed to know what he's thinking? I really don't think it's a plot hole. I've seen worse I'm sure.

His last words become very important because a news reporter spends the entire film trying to figure out what it means.
Quote by genghisgandhi
All those parts of The Bible.

Come 2012 Rapture and you wont be laughing!!!! jesus is love all others burn in hell.

Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?
Quote by Dudeman5000
Calm the head, asshat

he's right though
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Jesus and weapons for the lulz. Shame he never gave any to his rentboys... sorry, disciples.
Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?
because Jesus was violent XD

oh geez, rednecks have now influenced people about Jesus more than Jesus XD
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
O dear, the thread has been ruined.

but anyways, in the Matrix, when Cypher goes to meet with Agent Smith and discuss getting re-plugged into the matrix permanently, how did he get into the matrix to talk with Smith in the first place? SOMEONE had to have plugged him in, which means they would be watching what he was doing. you're telling me he managed to ORGANIZE, GET TO, and then TAKE PART IN a meeting with the most dangerous enemy in the movie without anybody noticing? hell in order to organize such a meeting they must have met several times before. big plot hole. there is no way this could have occurred, and thus the rest of the movie would be dramatically different. THEN WHO WAS MATRIX?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by pwninator123

He didn't turn it in to a religious debate.

You did by responding to him. And it was the exact response he wanted. Well done.
The.
Looks like Scott Reeder of Kyuss goes for a walk in this song. The plothole I cannot ignore is him tripping over cables coming back onstage.
Quote by TheReverend724
The ending of End of Evangelion

not really a plothole, but it's the most confusing ending ever, especially when you wonder what happens next

oh you and your incredibly violent childhood scarring animez

that one made sense though, no plothole there
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
He didn't turn it in to a religious debate.

You did by responding to him. And it was the exact response he wanted. Well done.

crazy how that works isnt it?

now just sit back and watch

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by pwninator123
For instance, in Citizen Kane, he dies alone, and WHISPERS his last word, then a minute later the nurse runs in to see what happened...WHO HEARD HIS LAST WORD?!

Well, that's kind of the whole idea of the movie, they're trying to figure out what he said.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Tommy Wiseau's "The Room". It's basically one gigantic plot hole. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
O dear, the thread has been ruined.

but anyways, in the Matrix, when Cypher goes to meet with Agent Smith and discuss getting re-plugged into the matrix permanently, how did he get into the matrix to talk with Smith in the first place? SOMEONE had to have plugged him in, which means they would be watching what he was doing. you're telling me he managed to ORGANIZE, GET TO, and then TAKE PART IN a meeting with the most dangerous enemy in the movie without anybody noticing? hell in order to organize such a meeting they must have met several times before. big plot hole. there is no way this could have occurred, and thus the rest of the movie would be dramatically different. THEN WHO WAS MATRIX?

For all we know, they might have some program that autoplugs them into the matrix, like a timer or something. Just get in the chair, push the needle into your head, and then the computer autologs you on. And it's not hard for an agent to find you, just act suspicious where other people can see. Hell, he could've just stood on a busy street corner saying "agent smith, where are you, I want to make a deal" over and over again.
Quote by gallagher2006
LOTR

Why didn't they jsut get the giant eagle that rescues them at the end to take them to Mordor =|

Way to ruin a movie for me.
Independence Day. That is all.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
In Wall-E, the fat people on board the ship are able to get up and walk with a bit of effort, despite the fact that they were bed-ridden their entire lives for several generations, and their bones have become weak from low gravity and lack of use.

I understand that it's a Disney movie and needs to have a happy ending but WHAT THE ****
Quote by speedy1330
the yellow submarine movie

something is fishy about it, the fact that the sgt peppers was purple ruined the movie for me

icwatudidthar.
Quote by sashki
In Wall-E, the fat people on board the ship are able to get up and walk with a bit of effort, despite the fact that they were bed-ridden their entire lives for several generations, and their bones have become weak from low gravity and lack of use.

I understand that it's a Disney movie and needs to have a happy ending but WHAT THE ****

I think that it is a metaphor for how people can do anything if they really want to.

</moralofthestory>
Quote by JacobTheMe
I think that it is a metaphor for how people can do anything if they really want to.

</moralofthestory>

Yeah, but in most cases, Biology > You

It's effectively no different to someone jumping off of a bridge because they REALLY WANT to fly. Unless they have something that will make them fly, willpower alone probably isn't gonna make it happen.
Quote by sashki
Yeah, but in most cases, Biology > You

It's effectively no different to someone jumping off of a bridge because they REALLY WANT to fly. Unless they have something that will make them fly, willpower alone probably isn't gonna make it happen.

You've obviously never heard of the successful flight of Icarus...all down to will power, trufax.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by gallagher2006
LOTR

Why didn't they jsut get the giant eagle that rescues them at the end to take them to Mordor =|

The explanation I've heard is that the eagle-people are sentient creatures who didn't want to get involved in the war.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
The explanation I've heard is that the eagle-people are sentient creatures who didn't want to get involved in the war.

Thank you, for the past 3 years that question has put a halt to all LOTR appreciation related conversations.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by ..NEM..

But...they wouldn't be involved. They'd be running a taxi service.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
You've obviously never heard of the successful flight of Icarus...all down to will power, trufax.

He used wax and feathers to make wings.

The fat people did not have wax legs to stand on.
Quote by gallagher2006
But...they wouldn't be involved. They'd be running a taxi service.

They would be involved by helping to destroy the ring, so yes, they would. But I dunno, seemed like a pretty good explanation.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by gallagher2006
LOTR

read the damn books!!!

They're friends of gandalf since before the hobbit. (the book)

they wanted to be above the regular conflict, but will join to help gandalf. (see: rescuing him from isengard.)

the plothole that posses me off is the time difference between star wars episode 3 to 4.

Obi wan gains like 40 years in age and the rebellion gets organized and technology totally changes wothin the time it takes for Luke to be almost in his 20's at the most.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by gallagher2006
LOTR

because they'd have been seen immediately and taken out by the Nazgul dumbass. It's kinda obvious, a giant eagle just flying into mordor with tons of orcs and the nazgul watching the whole place. The eagles were able to go in freely because the ring had already been destroyed, thus rendering the other rings of power useless. The nazgul's power came from the rings.

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven For the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die
One ring for the Dark Lord on his dark throne.
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

the bolded part is talking about the Nazgul. They were once great kings but were given those rings.