Okay ever since I stopped anchoring... my shoulder is very tense or strains when I play... I seriously don't know what's wrong. Anyone can help me troubleshoot this? Like a list of things to check for things I'm doing wrong?
could just be the unusual movement and your shoulder will eventually get used to it, i may be wrong so get it checked out if your very worried
Hey... Hey guys.... Watch This!
Quote by imperialfury
could just be the unusual movement and your shoulder will eventually get used to it, i may be wrong so get it checked out if your very worried

Eh... it's been here for about... half a year... sometimes its here sometimes its not depending on what I play I guess... but if I hold sorta classical sort of position it no longer hurts... Iunno... really odd never had this before.
Quote by NecroticSoldier
Okay ever since I stopped anchoring... my shoulder is very tense or strains when I play... I seriously don't know what's wrong. Anyone can help me troubleshoot this? Like a list of things to check for things I'm doing wrong?

I think you need to slow down your playing a bit.. Your shoulder isn't used to you not anchoring probably and you need to slowly build up
no idea then lad, try stretching before playing but to be honest i cant think whats worng

good luck with it anyway
Hey... Hey guys.... Watch This!
your warmup needs to start before picking up the guitar, stretch your back shoulder, wrists and arms, for 5 - 10 minutes before picking up the guitar, then do your 30min warmup on the guitar, then play and don`t slouch over the top of the guitar adopt a good posture.

if your still getting pain go see a doc.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
your warmup needs to start before picking up the guitar, stretch your back shoulder, wrists and arms, for 5 - 10 minutes before picking up the guitar, then do your 30min warmup on the guitar, then play and don`t slouch over the top of the guitar adopt a good posture.

if your still getting pain go see a doc.

I'll try that thanks guys.