Hey guys. Im having trouble with my first guitar choice.

I found a Ibanez GSA6J at the music store(it was a starting pack), and wanted to know if it was good value.I thought it would be good value cause i love the the ibanez sound.

I also found a Squier strat pack. Which is best guitar
See ya in the pit
Last edited by Cage 182 at Dec 26, 2009,
I recommend not getting a starter pack. I would suggest going to a secon hand shop, and trying to find something there. Generally you will be able to find something of much higher quality for a cheaper price.
Get an Ibanez RG2EX1 for $299, and use the remainder to buy a Roland Cube 15X, or a Peavey Vypyr 15.

Dont buy a starter pack, theyre garbage.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
as far as amps go, for you id get the roland cube. for what you play, i'd go with an ibanez, but thats really what you like.
I suggest a peavy vypyr 15 or 30 and maybe a nice agile or douglas from rondomusic.com
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 26, 2009,
hey guys, this week I went to the music store. I found a Squier (Fender) strat. It was perfect for wat i needed, so i bought it! I might put a pic of it on this thread!
See ya in the pit
With a $500 budget, I would go for a Yamaha Pacifica and a Peavy Vypyr 75 Solid State.

I like the Pacifica over the Squire Strat since it has a humbuckler which is better for metal than single coils.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-PAC012DLX-Pacifica-HSS-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-103153664-i1166881.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
Last edited by Biblico at Dec 30, 2009,
it cost me 320 with amp, strap, tuner, picks, and more stuff
See ya in the pit
Quote by Biblico
With a $500 budget, I would go for a Yamaha Pacifica and a Peavy Vypyr 75 Solid State.

I like the Pacifica over the Squire Strat since it has a humbuckler which is better for metal than single coils.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-PAC012DLX-Pacifica-HSS-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-103153664-i1166881.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc

You can't get a HSS strat? :P

The starter packs are not garbage. They are priced well for beginners, and unlike a local pawn shop or used music store, you are buying brand new. It depends what you are after. You can ALWAYS find better deals when buying used. That's a no brainer. But try finding a decent guitar and amp brand new for the price of those starter packs is difficult to say the least. You can get those starter packs for $300. If you go with Strat, look at the HSS one with the G-Dec Jr. Amp. Decent practice amp.

But yeah if you have $500 to play with, you may very well be better off hunting down local used stores. The Strat may be versatile, but not the best for metal.
Quote by Cage 182
it cost me 320 with amp, strap, tuner, picks, and more stuff

Ah man, those Squier packages suck. You would've been better off with an Ibanez and and a cheap amp, like a Roland Cube, as was mentioned before.
For me, the best starter guitar regardless of the type of music you play is a Yamaha Pacifica 112V. It's astonishingly good for the small amount of money it costs. I'd seriously have one as a second guitar to give me something a bit different to my main guitar. A pickup change and maybe some locking tuners and you have a superb instrument.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
yeah man you can get used amps cheap, and a used amp that is 5x the quality of the one in the starter pack. same with the guitar. i say buy a guitar for like 200-300 or whatever (seperately will most likely be better than the pack, espeically used) and then pick out an amp at a store (hopefully a store with good stuff and selections) and maybe alot a little aside for other gear you might need.

ive used squier like guitars. you will grow out of it fast. and i own a little amp like that (little 10 watt 6 inch speaker Crate) that was given to me. again, its not good for anything but personal practice (ie - nobody else)cause they generally sound bad. i mean its not aweful, but you can def. do better.