Hey all, I am heading to the nearest Guitar Center in a few minutes to purchase a new acoustic. I am looking to spend between $700-$1000 on a dread style with or without electronics.
Obviously I am going to play everything in my range, but I am wondering if anyone with more experience in that range has any preferences as to which guitars are worth the price. I only ask because I live about 2 hours from GC and I am looking to buy today. I don't have the luxury of going a few times to play, sadly.

I mostly pick but lately I have been getting a bit into finger style, nothing too serious though. I am looking for solid wood top and back/sides, but other than that I am open to just about anything.

Happy Holidays everyone,
Breedlove Atlas Stage Series C250/EF
Taylor 200 Sereis 210CE
Both are quite nice A/E

Martin Custom D Classic Mahogany
Martin D-15 Dreadnought
Guild GAD-50PCE
These three have no electronics.

Play everything at the store until you find what you like the best.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by ext1jdh
Breedlove Atlas Stage Series C250/EF
Taylor 200 Sereis 210CE
Both are quite nice A/E

Martin Custom D Classic Mahogany
Martin D-15 Dreadnought
Guild GAD-50PCE
These three have no electronics.

Play everything at the store until you find what you like the best.

Thanks for the input. I was definitely thinking of playing a Guild GAD-50
you might look into some ibanezes (they are alittle below your range in the 400-600 range) because, they are the most underrated guitar maker in the multiverse.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII

considering that ibanez are mostly laminate with lower build quality than a number of good quality brands, with meh sound quality and often not great hardware, i don't think you could say they're underrated.

Quote by rushpython
you might look into some ibanezes (they are alittle below your range in the 400-600 range) because, they are the most underrated guitar maker in the multiverse.
absolutely love my seagull. so far has blown away everything else i've gotten to play in and a little above it's price range. atlas should be good too, haven't played a bad one of them ever!

as for ibanez... their acoustics are a good deal if you can find a used one for $200 or under. great beater guitars. but if you're looking for serious quality i wouldn't give them a second thought. until you need a guitar to drag on vacations or road trips with you i wouldn't even consider them.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip