Hey ya'll

I am in search of a new amp. I currently use a peavey 5150 100 watt head
and i am interested in a Marshall DSL 100 JCM2000 head.
What are some thoughts/opinions on that specific marshall?

I play mostly From Autumn To Ashes, Here I Come Falling, A skylit drive and emarosa styled music. Would the marshall do the job for that or should i just stick with the peavey?

Thanks!
firstly post in GGA

secondly peavey has a US gain setting(punchy), marshall is more brit sounding (crunchy)

i`ll get the mods to move it to the right forum
*moved*
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Two different voicings... I wont comment on the voicings as that's all simply personal preference.

I will tell you, the DSL doesn't have as much gain on tap, but still more than any respectable metal guitarist should ever need for rhythm, and if you're not using an overdrive or a midrange heavy boost as a lead boost, you're never gonna cut the mix anyway.

The clean channel is useable, But has the same flaw, it shares it's clean channel with the crunch channel, you cant switch between them with the footswitch.

I assume you play metalcore/hardcore/post-hardcore by your influences... either amp will do those genre's more than adequately. Hardcore/Metalcore bands are starting to get into JCM800's (A7x, Atreyu, Underoath, SOTY, Shadows Fall are the ones I can think of off the top of my head), and the DSL's I've played have all been able to do reasonable impressions of a JCM800.

But on the flipside, a lot of metalcore artists are using 6505/5150's, just check Peavey's page to see who's using them.

Anyway... thats just my $0.02
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
woops sorry mods for posting in wrong forum =X

yea I basically play a lot of post hardcore/ hard rock.

The style I'm really getting into is based off of the from autumn to ashes album "abandon your friends" and lighter screamo. I can't really nail the specifics cuz the list can go on for days haha.

thanks guys!
Quote by CatharsisStudio
i've had both in my studio and i LOVE both of them. here is the 5150, and jcm2000 in a mix, can you tell which side is which?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/347071/t3k-bomb.mp3

It's odd how they don't sound too different mixed together..

I'm gonna go for 5150 left, JCM right.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by CatharsisStudio
you are correct

also the jcm was played a better guitarist so that doesn't help haha

Ah, who got it right? Don't leave us in suspense!

On a side note, there was a bit of a volume difference too.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!