Well I just got the Boss loop pedal and as it turns out it does not come with a power adapter....It says over and over in the booklet to only use the Boss power adapter which is over 30 bucks...Do you really have to use the Boss adapter or would any 9 volt adapter do fine?

Thanks!
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
Look online for a pic or a list of specs of their power adapter. If you can find one that matches its output, then go ahead.

Like if the Boss one asks for 12V 200mA or w/e it requires, find one to match, hell, you could probably find a generic one online for 2 bucks
nobody seems to give a damn about regulated/unregulated adapter difference.
Quote by sfx
You should.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Using random wall warts will introduce more noise than ones designed for guitar, like the 1-spot or the Boss one.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Your best bet for a reliable and clean power source would be a unit like the 1-spot. Alternatively, you can do what I do: Boss TU-2 (with Boss adapter) which then can power a bunch of other pedals.

Keep in mind that the way I do it is quite inferior to getting a proper multi-pedal power supply.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by sfx

This coming from a man that doesn't know how to classify amps as tube or SS??

TS: Any 9v, 200mA adapter with a negative tip will do the job; however, if you don't use Boss' adapter and something happens to your pedal then then your warranty won't do jack for you because Boss won't be liable.
wait, that means your paying like 10 dollars for the boss power supply, and the rest on insurance!