I currently have an 16G iPod Touch first generation.
I've nearly filled it with around 1500 songs, a movie, videos, and apps..
And lately it's been running very slow, laggy, and it barely holds a charge anymore.
Yes, it's old obviously, I bought it in summer of '08.
It's just beginning to show it's age, as the battery is only meant to hold around 1000 charges, and i've definitely used that up, and with the new 3.1 Ipod update, it can barely function as well as it used to. The software is too much for it.

So, I'm thinking about upgrading my Touch to a 32G 3rd generation, which cost $299 USD. If I remember right, I bought my first gen iPod Touch for $250 USD for 16G.

I'm wondering if it'd be worth getting?
I got $150 cash for Christmas, and was originally thinking of putting it's towards a new guitar (I'm going to be getting a 7-string for sure, and was planning on getting a Schecter Damien-7 which runs about $450, and my grandmother was going to be buying it) so I was thinking maybe i'd put that 150 bucks towards that to get something better..

But I use my iPod CONSTANTLY, and I was thinking maybe it'd be a better idea to just get a new Touch.

I'm looking for advice on if I should really upgrade my iPod, or if I should stick that 150 into the guitar budget and get a better 7-string.

EDIT: I should say the iPod is worn out, not really old.
It's used every single day for 12+ hours (usually charge 3 times throughout the day, while still using it)
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by Oli_Leprechaun
why everyone wants an ipod these days?

be yourself get some other company's stuff...

When another company can make a touch screen MP3 player of comparable quality, be sure as hell that I'll run to it as soon as my Ipod Touch dies. Until then, I like my Ipod Touch, but despise the other Ipods because other MP3 players do the job at a much lower cost.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
You've had it for a year and a half and you think thats old

psssh i've had mine for a week and its old

stupid technology

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speedy1330
psssh i've had mine for a week and its old

stupid technology

This.

But no, haha, it's just that mine's extremely overused. Everyday, it's used from 6:30 AM until I go to bed, usually around 11:00 PM. I literally mean everyday, too.

So, no, it's not OLD, just worn out, I should say instead...
I think you can send it to apple and pay them to fix it for cheaper than a new one no too sure though.
Gear
Guitar

Ibanez Art100
Amp
Peavey Valveking 212
Effects
Dunlop Slash Wah
EHX Metal Muff
i have a creative zeni got 4 yrs ago and its works perfectly. ive dropped it like 100 times.

just goes to show you that apple is overrrated

EDIT: i use mine for like 5 hours aday but ive had mine for 4 times longer
Last edited by bösepriester at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by Oli_Leprechaun
why everyone wants an ipod these days?

be yourself get some other company's stuff...

iPods are just the best mp3 players imo. plus the touch is kind of unique in the fact that it does internet, HTLM email, texting, video, movie and music all in one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
iPods are just the best mp3 players imo. plus the touch is kind of unique in the fact that it does internet, HTLM email, texting, video, movie and music all in one.

I'm usually pretty against the idea that the iPod is the epitome of all music players not matter what, but I have to give it to the iTouch for the apps.

I still abhor touchscreens though.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm