I got a $100 gift certificate to Musician's Friend for Christmas, and I thought it might be worth it to switch pickups. Right now I'm playing a Fender Highway One HSS Strat, with the stock pickups in. I'm playing through a Peavey Envoy 110, and I have a couple of pedals, though the only one I really use is a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I was looking for a bridge pickup that sounded a bit more aggressive, and had some more sustain, than the one in it now. I don't need anything ridiculously heavy, but I do play some metal, and would like to have a touch of that "screaming" leads tone. However, it also has to be something that can dial down and play some Chicago-style blues, and sound good too.
I was looking at this, a DiMarzio DP215 Evo 2 Bridge pickup. Reviews look great, description sounds like what I'm looking for. I would appreciate some feedback as to whether anyone has any experience with this pickup and what they thought, or if they would suggest another. Additionally, I was wondering how much of a tone difference to expect in my sound. Will it be fairly noticeable, or a more subtle thing? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Dimarzio Norton on Breed, although don't expect a massive difference in your tone - it's likely going to be far more subtle than you're expecitng it to be.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Would it make a bigger difference to invest in a better distortion pedal?

I do like the sound of my distortion right now, however, at higher levels, my guitar starts "screeching," so I can't get it as distorted as I like. I was thinking a new pickup might help more with that, but if I could get a better sound with a new pedal, I'd be fine with that too.
ya maybe a better pedal but pickup wise i would recomend a dimarzio like said above or maybe a seymour duncan sh-4 jb or a custom 5