So, i joined a new band recently, its ...im going to call it genuine technical metal since its not core. so anyway i feel that our tones arent very crystal clear enough, you can hear alot but when things get fast it gets hard to hear everything. but there are a few other friends in bands that have a very clear tone in lower tunings than we are. we are in drop c they were n a# ive been trying to be able to hear clearly, without loosing a good metal sound. does anyone have any idea what one would have to do?
thanks in advance.
i gots a hellraiser c-1 FR and a 6505
if that helps
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
Stop scooping those mids!

But seriously, mids give you more presence in a band
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

actually my mids range from 4-7
i agree with that 100%
lol
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
turn down your gain ... and turn the volume up... if anyone complains ... punch them in the face ... thats what metal is about right?... if it was a southern rock band i'd say do that but instead of punching them in the face ... Throw a Beer can at them ... or a bottle of jack
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Do you use a tube screamer in the effects loop? People do that to "tighten" up the sound of a 6505, that might help you, they turn the volume way up and the gain way down or something... You could also try an eq pedal and take out some of the messy frequencies that clutter up your sound... its hard to say...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
keep mids up a bit, boost treble a little past bass. and if you have a presence control, jack that up. it helps to have a lot of presence.....PRESENCE.... (if you get the reference, I will love you forever...)