whats the difference between a "wet" and "dry" signal. i've seen these terms thrown around a bunch of times. was just wondering the pros and cons if any. no i didn't use the search bar just as a heads up. is it mainly just for a 2 head set-up(either 2 half stacks or 2 full stacks)
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
ok. thanx.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Effects can sometimes thin out a signal, so a common setup among those who can afford it is wet/dry/wet: FX on either side of the stage, and a clean amp in the centre to bolster the sound and give some more punch.
Don't know about you guys, but I sometimes use this to describe sound.
something like: Dry distortion - rough, with no bass in it. Wet - unlike Dry, powerfull and clean destortion...
maybe no point in doing that my way, but i got used to it.
Quote by vict
Don't know about you guys, but I sometimes use this to describe sound.
something like: Dry distortion - rough, with no bass in it. Wet - unlike Dry, powerfull and clean destortion...
maybe no point in doing that my way, but i got used to it.

You might use those words that way for yourself, but that isn't what's meant when talking about a signal.