Ok so I'm going to splash out and treat myself, I recieved about £100 from relatives at Christmas and am looking to expand my pedal collection atm I have a danelectro transparent od and a tc electronic nova repeater delay pedal, I'm not really sure what kind of pedal I want to get next but it is between fuzz, wah, reverb and chorus, so recommend away but it is prob between fuzz and reverb.

Also do I need strap locks? I use a Tokai Les Paul replica and it is pretty heavy but my strap hasn't failed me yet...?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Why a wah pedal?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
cause they're awesome fun and very versartile!
If you're fixed on either fuzz or reverb, I'd get a good versatile reverb pedal. I've found reverb can really improve the AC4 and give it some more depth. See if you can find a used Digitech Hardwire Reverb, or if not maybe a Marshall reflector and another one of the Marshall pedals - that'd offer you some versatility!
Last edited by SwampAshSpecial at Dec 26, 2009,
Yea I'm tempted to go for a reverb tbh, not sure about those ones though.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
the reflector is awesome^
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Seriously? I heard it was just ok.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
even those cheapo dunlop "over-the-top-of-your-existing-strapbutton-straplocks" (yeah, it's not a very catchy name) are better than nothing. or supposedly the tops of grolsch bottles do the same thing, though i haven't tried them.

i like the tonerider chorus, nice pedal, and well under budget. ehx small clone would be worth considering, too (though personally i found it a little dark-sounding).

if you're going for a fuzz, you could probably get a big muff for around half your budget. That made by mike dude makes fuzz pedals based on the fuzz face (i think he does one based on the big muff, too) for around £50 as well, I haven't tried them, but they're all handmade etc. and presumably would be pretty nice.

that'd also leave you £50 or so to put towards the next pedal.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Chorus isn't at the top of my list tbh, what I've heard of the small clone just sounds too modulated, I kinda want more subtletility (crap spelling I know).

Ok lets focus on reverbs.

Also is the fuzz factory worth it? Could I get Muse tones from the zvex masotron?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
haven't tried any zvex stuff, sorry

haven't tried very many reverbs either. most reverbs are fairly dear, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea, but like I said I am willing to spend about £100.

Thanks.

Anyone else have an opinion
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Big Muff Pi and definitely get straplocks, You'll regret when your guitar actually DOES fall. It's only a matter of time, considering the time one spends on it.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Why a big muff? surely a fuzz factory or masotron is better for muse?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Sorry, but if you want a pedal but don't know for what type of effect, you don't really need a pedal IMO.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Sorry, but if you want a pedal but don't know for what type of effect, you don't really need a pedal IMO.

Yeah dont buy pedals just for the sake of buying pedals, Save your money until you know what you want to get
Quote by demitriv
Yea, but like I said I am willing to spend about £100.

yeah, but most of the reverbs i've seen cost more than that. might even be worth trying some analogue delays to see if you can set them up for a reverb tone. if you can, they might be a little cheaper, plus you'd have a delay too. actually, you say you already have a delay. you've probably already tried this, but have you tried to dial in a reverb tone with it?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ignoring the two above dave, since it is obvious I do want to buy a pedal and am not just buying for the sake of it.

If my posts aren't clear enough then lets say I'm definite, I want a reverb first.

I haven't had much luck getting a proper reverb out of the repeater but I would prob rather have a separate reverb pedal anyway.

Do you think I should up my budget?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
not sure. the only real reverb pedal i've tried was the really expensive t-rex one (belfast guitar emporium had it, so if they still have it, you could try it). It was very nice indeed (i compared it head-to-head with the engl screamer's spring reverb), but mega expensive at something like £250, i think. They've since released a cheaper, tonebug, version, but i haven't tried it yet. if BGE is still a t-rex dealer (i haven't been in in over a year ), they might have some of those in stock, or might be getting some in. From what i can remember, it'd be around your current budget.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what kind of reverb are you looking for? spring style, or something that can do lots of crazy stuff? if you just want spring, look at the malekko chicklett. it would be $120 USD plus some shipping, which might be under your 100 pound budget since the dollar is fairly weak right now. if you want more sounds, maybe a used verbzilla or hardwire reverb would work.
I don't really want to make wierd experimental music but then again I'm not sure if I just want spring reverb.

Thanks dave yea I've seen the t-rex in both bge and bairds but haven't seen the tonebug, plus it doesn't help that neither have the prices on their pedals.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
Why a big muff? surely a fuzz factory or masotron is better for muse?

If your looking for earlier muse tone the fuzz factory works great.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by demitriv
I don't really want to make wierd experimental music but then again I'm not sure if I just want spring reverb.

Thanks dave yea I've seen the t-rex in both bge and bairds but haven't seen the tonebug, plus it doesn't help that neither have the prices on their pedals.

you can always ask, but i don't like that either, i'm always paranoid that they're sizing me up to see how much they think i'd be willing to pay, instead of quoting me a fair price

but you can assume the non-tonebug reverb will be fairly expensive. I think at least £200, but i may be confusing it with the replica delay's price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thanks you've been very helpful as always.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
good luck
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?