Page 1 of 2
Quote by iamthunderman
$389!!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar-519370-i1510003.gc

Has anyone seen it this low? I am trying to figure out how I can buy it. but can't afford it now after Christmas. Will it be this low ever again?

Does anyone own it and play it? What are some opinions?

these guitars are discontinued. so get money quick. im planning on gwtting a se 24 for sure. well worth the money.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
thats quite cheap...even my crappiest guitar was more than this
i wonder what is replacing those guitars. i know about the torero but i dont think that fills in the entire gap.
I paid like $450 for my SE 24 some 7 months back... great deal if you don't need 24 frets.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
They're canceling the PRS SE Custom 24??

pretty sure the whole se line is going bye bye. all the SEs i checked on the PRS site said discontinued
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Edit: was wrong shh
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by Crohny
these guitars are discontinued. so get money quick. im planning on gwtting a se 24 for sure. well worth the money.

The 24s are the same price..... $499.99
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well then..
I might just forget about the Schecter Damien-7 and pick up a PRS.. while I can.

Yes, they are great guitars. I love my SE 24.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by bobthebum16
The 24s are the same price..... $499.99

Wait for one of GCs 10% off coupons... I got mine for $450.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
Yes, they are great guitars. I love my SE 24.

But how would it stand up for metal?
I sometime play other things, but my main concern would be if it can suit my playing style which is mainly metal, so..
1. drop tunings 2. heavy distortion 3. pull off good lead tones for solos
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I sometime play other things, but my main concern would be if it can suit my playing style which is mainly metal, so..

Ive played the 24 before... it can do everything.

It does fine with metal
Quote by bobthebum16
Ive played the 24 before... it can do everything.

It does fine with metal

You sure?

Well then screw the Damien, 24 here I come! well... sometime after the 1st of Jan
Quote by TheAbsentOne

would handle metal very well. prs are some of the best guitars you can buy and their budget guitars are some of the best out. good for any type of playing. from blues to metal, itll handle it easily. just set up the guitar accordingly and youll be straight.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You sure?

Well then screw the Damien, 24 here I come! well... sometime after the 1st of Jan

Yes for sure

Alright here I'll give you some information:
I play through a Roland Cube 30X, using a Boss DS-1 for distortion when I'm on the clean channel for songs that change between clean/distortion
I play metal as I said before.
Can you give me specifics on the Treble/Bass pickup combination?
I've played PRS's before.. including their high-end models, and I'm wondering if the pickups are good?
I use .010 strings and have stock tuners on and typically tune into D standard. It handles it very well.

I myself play mainly metal, and it sounds great.. I just need a new amp and I'm set.

Leads and solos ain't a problem. I love the neck, it fits my hand perfectly. It's wide and thin... so comfah!
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Last edited by DeadlyDevil1985 at Dec 26, 2009,
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Alright here I'll give you some information:
I play through a Roland Cube 30X, using a Boss DS-1 for distortion when I'm on the clean channel for songs that change between clean/distortion
I play metal as I said before.
Can you give me specifics on the Treble/Bass pickup combination?
I've played PRS's before.. including their high-end models, and I'm wondering if the pickups are good?

you're covered man. go to a GC or some place that has PRS and stocks SEs. try them out with a high gain amp. thats your best sure fire way to know im not lying to you. i dont know any specifics about the pick ups. they arent high out put as far as i know. go to prsguitars.com/ and read up on them. there are bands that use them for metal. i play stoner metal and death metal and ill be getting a SE. if they didnt do heavy stuff well i wouldnt waste my money.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Yeah, Paul Allender uses PRS and he uses pretty high gain.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
Yeah, Paul Allender uses PRS and he uses pretty high gain.

is that the guy from cradle of filth? if so, hes a bad example of prs working well for metal. haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Well thanks a lot
When I first saw the title of the thread, my mouth kinda dropped like :O lol.
I didn't even know a PRS SE was that low in price, let alone just 500 bucks for a 24.
That's amazing to me.
Instead of spending 450 on a Schecter Damien-7 (bolt-on neck, EMG-HZ set pups, seven string) i'll throw in the extra 50 bucks for a PRS 24 ^.^ Never really thought I'd own a PRS..
Quote by Crohny
is that the guy from cradle of filth? if so, hes a bad example of prs working well for metal. haha.

Yeah, but he has signature so it's one that rings most.

And newer CoF yea... pre median is great!

and yeah absent, PRS is good choice.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Hey now what's wrong with Paul Allender? :P
I love Cradle of Filth to be honest haha. Black metal at it's best

you havent listened to a lot of black metal have you? i wouldnt even consider their new stuff black metal. you need to do some home work and google black metal and see what bands pop up. youd be surprised at how terrible cradle of filth is at black metal haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Yeah, new Cradle is a joke and now a bunch of losers (edited) with thornography shirts roam...
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I mostly listen to their old stuff :O
I haven't heard anything relatively new..

Keep it that way.

edit: befriended you on last.fm~ accept me~!
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I mostly listen to their old stuff :O
I haven't heard anything relatively new..

just think of black metal at its pussiest of forms. impossible to think of right? cradle pulled it off.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny
just think of black metal at its pussiest of forms. impossible to think of right? cradle pulled it off.

Abyssos is pretty good also
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Hey now what's wrong with Paul Allender? :P
I love Cradle of Filth to be honest haha. Black metal at it's best

Well then do you like opeth?

They use PRS

ME personally like fender HSS because i like the sound of a single coil neck pickup and the feel of a fener. But if i had to pick another instead of that DEFINATELY PRS.
Quote by bobthebum16
Well then do you like opeth?

They use PRS

ME personally like fender HSS because i like the sound of a single coil neck pickup and the feel of a fener. But if i had to pick another instead of that DEFINATELY PRS.

you cant beat a single coil in any position. have a gibson p94 going into the neck of my gibson V. plan on getting a sg classic. such a sick guitar to have single coils in.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Well you've all convinced me to check out a PRS SE Custom 24 now. I'm off from school this entire week, so hopefully I can swing on down to GC and test one out (Preferably through an amp similar to a Roland Cube 30X because it's what I use)
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Well you've all convinced me to check out a PRS SE Custom 24 now. I'm off from school this entire week, so hopefully I can swing on down to GC and test one out (Preferably through an amp similar to a Roland Cube 30X because it's what I use)

i think you'll be very happy with it. i plan on putting a down payment on one next paycheck hopefully.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny
you cant beat a single coil in any position. have a gibson p94 going into the neck of my gibson V. plan on getting a sg classic. such a sick guitar to have single coils in.

Yeah i got the SG Classic w/ P90s it is a great guitar! Just gets a bit noisy at high gain but still a great guitar.

Yeah i was thinking of getting that MIM HSS Strat and making the bridge pickup coil splitable so i can get the humbucker sound and when i want that vintage fender sound split the coils

And probably change the bridge pickup to a Duncan JB and the neck pickup to a Duncan SSL3
Yes, good decision. It's a great axe.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by bobthebum16
Yeah i got the SG Classic w/ P90s it is a great guitar! Just gets a bit noisy at high gain but still a great guitar.

Yeah i was thinking of getting that MIM HSS Strat and making the bridge pickup coil splitable so i can get the humbucker sound and when i want that vintage fender sound split the coils

And probably change the bridge pickup to a Duncan JB and the neck pickup to a Duncan SSL3

true true. i really want a sg classic. that and a sg standard. those are pretty much dream guitars. might sound stupid but i dont need anything other than those to be happy. a 61 reissue would be pretty sick too, but the classic and standard are ideal.

i don't use a shit ton of gain too so i shouldn't have problems with the classic.

also, fenders are sick guitars. really wanna get one down the road, but the SGs and a nice LP are top of the list for sure.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny
true true. i really want a sg classic. that and a sg standard. those are pretty much dream guitars. might sound stupid but i dont need anything other than those to be happy. a 61 reissue would be pretty sick too, but the classic and standard are ideal.

i don't use a shit ton of gain too so i shouldn't have problems with the classic.

also, fenders are sick guitars. really wanna get one down the road, but the SGs and a nice LP are top of the list for sure.

Yeah I'm more of a Fender guy just because it fits my style and i like the feel of it more.

But yeah you won't be disappointed with the classic if you play mostly classic rock/blues. But try before you buy for sure...
Page 1 of 2