Right, if you're not prepared for a rant, I suggest you leave / skip to tl/dr section, though that alone will probably not give you enough information to contribute anything valuable.

Okay pit, I know we can be bastards at times, and I know there are much bigger problems in the world but I need you to bare with me and help a brother out, k? I've been feeling ridiculously guilty these past few days, like never felt this bad in my entire life guilty. I need to know how to fix it, but I think it's a good idea to explain the cause of the guilt first.

Here we go, to put it simply pit, I'm a dick and have put my parents through more b.s than any decent parent deserves over the last few years. I've managed to get myself expelled from a school (for reasons which weren't entirely my fault, but lets ignore that for now) and stressed my rents to the point my dad's attempted suicide and my mum is constantly depressed. I come from a Muslim family and have ended up wasted a few too many times, though my parents only know of 2. The second (also the worst), being from the other day when I went to a Xmas party at this club, drank way too much, passed out on the street and my dad had to drag me in the car to get me home.

Now, I feel horrible cause my parents are good parents and I've let them down too much, seeing as they've always given me a comfortable living and bought me everything I want which they can afford. Yes, I'm a dick, I've realised that. I've apologised for everything, changed my behaviour and am acting like the kid I always should have been, but I still have this ridiculous amount of guilt that is eating away at me. How do I get rid of it, pit? I'm sorry for the long wussy rant, I never do this, but I know you guys can be genuine awesome guys when you want to, sorry if you don't want to. Help a brother out?

Oh, and tl/dr: my parents are pretty awesome (though quite overprotective and have expectations for me that are too high and cause pressure, but they're still great parents), I'm a dick, I've hurt them a lot. Obviously I've apologised and tried my best to show I've learnt my lessons and grown up, but I still feel guilty, how do I get rid of the guilt?

Oh, and tell us your stories of what's made you feel guilty and how you dealt with it.
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Last edited by Lostprophets$$$ at Dec 26, 2009,
Well, you've actually REALIZED the consequences of your actions, which sets you apart from most douchebags who do all of that.

You should talk to your parents and tell them how you feel about all of this, so they know that you regret it and they know you think they're good parents and it's not their fault.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
How do you get rid of it? You wait.

In time it ceases after you change your attitude and outlook. Feels like a cold stone in your gut yes? "Alright, I get it!" you might think to yourself. Guilt doesn't care if you get it or not. It stays for a prolonged period of time if you're a person with something called a conscience.

That's good. The fact that you feel discomfort well after you've learned your lesson. That's your own way of implementing "change" in your life. That you'll never want to return to your past because you know you'll feel the entire experience again.

Quote by mightywarrior
How to get rid of guilt? Let me become your master so I can teach you my nihilistic view on life.

I want to become your pupil!
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
As a great man once said:

Quote by Andrew Forsman
ALCOHOL!
Quote by thanksgiving
That is quite unique...

Quote by navarreguitaris
What? She said "just solder it back together"?

Quote by JacobTheMe

"Hey guys check out this cool penis!"

LOL
Typical Pit Answer: Jerk it
My Answer: Jerk it... twice
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sit them down, explain how you feel, admit what they don't already know and apologise. It's difficult to do but once you do it it's like a weight lifts from your shoulders.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
i just let guilt eat away at me until i realise a way to fix it the problem usually involves talking to the person or
furiously masturbate then i have a different thing to feel guilty about
Quote by captaincrunk
Driiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink

I'm gonna assume you didn't read what I put, because that's pretty much the cause of my guilt.
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Sometimes when I get high I get into this guilt-spiral of guilty thoughts and end up throwing up, its awful.
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I'm gonna assume you didn't read what I put, because that's pretty much the cause of my guilt.

No, I just don't like the idea that drinking is bad. You're the problem, not the alcohol. Fix you first asshole.
I'm a diagnosed sociopath. I don't actually feel guilt.

I realize, this helps nothing at all.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Guilt is pointless, It's a complete non issue.

When you make a mistake you only ever have two options, continue to make it time and time again or move on and get it right next time.

Looks like you're taking the second option anyway so just keep going and sooner or later it won't bother you.

Quote by PlayMadness
I'm a diagnosed sociopath. I don't actually feel guilt.

I realize, this helps nothing at all.

On the brightside you don't care however.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Dec 26, 2009,
The more you continue to be good and not do the things you do, the less guilt you will feel. Eventually, it will disappear. The guilt is keeping you from turning back into the person you once were.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
CAKE

No one can possibly be angry with someone after cake...

Guilt is unfortunately one of those things it's impossible to get rid of, even if the person you feel guilty towards has totally forgotten about the incident you can still feel bad about it. Hell i still feel guilty about stuff i did when i was like 5, i'm pretty sure if i told the people involved they'd look puzzled, say they have no-idea what i'm on about and laugh.

I know that probably doesn't help but it might help to know that if they've genuinely forgiven you that they've genuinely forgiven you so you should stop feeling bad.

I guess your other option is religion, which in this case helps 2 fold/ Not exactly something you can just "try" to believe in though :s
Last edited by doive at Dec 26, 2009,