the pedals that i'm looking for?

I'm joining a band as the lead guitarist that plays worship music for a local Christian summer camp and i'm looking to upgrade my Frontman 15w for this tube amp for many obvious reasons.

Now I was given a few pedals that I'm going to have to purchase, such as the Boss RV-5, a little wah, and a reverb and I was wondering if I would honestly need to buy these separate pedals knowing all that this amp has all the effects already?

Would separate pedals be / sound better or just stick with the built in effects?

I'm a fan of Boss pedals so if you suggest separate pedals and want to throw in other manufacturers for these things feel free.

Thanks in advance guys!!!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
You don't need the 120w. The 60w is more than loud enough. And I don't know that the vypyrs take pedals particularly well.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
personally, i think that if you're going to spend that much on a tube amp, don't get the vyper, get one without built in effects, then buy those pedals separately. it'll much more convenient to use pedals rather than the effects on the amp, as you'll be able to control them easier during songs, and you'll be able to personalize the sound of each effect more than you'd be able to on the amp. especially as far as wah goes.

although that probably wouldn't be the cheapest route.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Yeah the Vypyr's a great amp, but its a bit of a waste since you basically are going to have two of every effect. If you can find a nice simpe tube amp to throw pedals at it would be more economic i think
120w is a bit of an overkill imo also, but its the only thing i've settled with on musiciansfriend.com...

Quote by 2112swartz
although that probably wouldn't be the cheapest route.

tbh, i'm a bit of a penny pincher so i'm looking for cost overall but thats really not a concern. thats the main reason for starting this thread.

Quote by subzero364
Yeah the Vypyr's a great amp, but its a bit of a waste since you basically are going to have two of every effect. If you can find a nice simpe tube amp to throw pedals at it would be more economic i think

i'm not wanting to get two of every effect if possible, seems like a waste of money to me. feel free to throw in suggestions for amps also.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Last edited by joshua029 at Dec 26, 2009,
thanks swampash, that will save me on a lot of money and the board sounds like a nice idea! i'll look into that immediately!
Quote by Duff_McGee