Right, i have faced a problem, what is the dirt behind the ts7, from what i know, it is EXACTLY the same as the TS9 BUT has a "hot" switch.
Do i buy the TS7 and save £50 or do i go ahead and buy the TS9?
help?
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Bugera 4x12 Slanted Cabinet
-Boss NS-2
Danelectro Fish And Chips 7 Band EQ
Guyatone Compressor
bump
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
Are you still playing through the Spider? If yes, don't bother with the pedal it won't sound good at all.

P.S. don't bump your threads after 8 minutes
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
haha well it changes, i just got the boss me-50 and it sounds cool, but i want a bit more of a tubey sound so was looking at the ts9

and yeh soz :L
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
Quote by metal-punk-boy
haha well it changes, i just got the boss me-50 and it sounds cool, but i want a bit more of a tubey sound so was looking at the ts9

and yeh soz :L

if you dont have a tube amp you wont get a tube sound. i tried my ts-9 through my ss crate and it sounded terrible. put it on a tube amp and it sounds great. the ts-7 is cheaper due to what its made out of and whats inside it. if you want the better of the pedals go with the ts-9 or the 808.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
okay, i read that the ts7 has the same chip as the ts9 hence the "ts9" setting, whats that about?
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
Quote by metal-punk-boy
okay, i read that the ts7 has the same chip as the ts9 hence the "ts9" setting, whats that about?

it can get a cheap sounding version of the ts-9. id try out a ts-9 and a ts-7 and cmpare them. that 50 bucks makes a difference. i push my windsor with a ts-9 and it does its job very well. no regrets on that purchase and the pedal was like 10 bucks less at the gc by me than on line so that was another plus.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
not worth the money on a spider 3. Honestly, I had a spider 3 and yeah pedals changed the tone, but not for the better.
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
The TS7 is exactly the same circuit as the TS9, but uses cheaper components, and the 808 is only a few components different from the TS9. If you can solder, you can mod the TS7 to TS9 specs for probably less than $20.
Quote by Castiel
not worth the money on a spider 3. Honestly, I had a spider 3 and yeah pedals changed the tone, but not for the better.

very true. the spider ss are only so good. if youre just starting out they make a great first amp, but once you start getting serious and want to add pedals and shit to your rig you should really think about upgrading. look at some of the cheaper tube combos like bugera and peavey. cant go wrong. even if you got the v22, put a ts-9 in front of it and you'll get a good amount of gain on it. if you put a ts-9 infront of that spider you'll be disappointed.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
yeh well im getting a bugera 6260 in the near future, ive been playing for 4 uyeears so the spider is just a stand in until i get the bugera, im a huge fan, but i hardly ever use the actual distortion on the amp, im all into pedals, hence the boss and im wanting the overdrive "boost" sound of the tube screamer so is it worth buying, i mean i could either buy a keeley mod or buty a keeley modded ts7, but is it worth getting if i am getting a tube amp in the future?
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
Quote by metal-punk-boy
yeh well im getting a bugera 6260 in the near future, ive been playing for 4 uyeears so the spider is just a stand in until i get the bugera, im a huge fan, but i hardly ever use the actual distortion on the amp, im all into pedals, hence the boss and im wanting the overdrive "boost" sound of the tube screamer so is it worth buying, i mean i could either buy a keeley mod or buty a keeley modded ts7, but is it worth getting if i am getting a tube amp in the future?

the 6262 has a pretty good amount of gain already in it. if you wanna use the pedal to boost for solos then it'll be worth the buy. i like my ts-9. try it out and see what you think. thats the only way to truely know if its worth the money for you or not.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
yeh initially i want the 6262 but its more expensive than the 6260 and they both sound decent so. so yes or no on the ts7? its not too expensive so can spend a little money on it but atm still have a solid state putting guitar through boss me 50
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
I'd say leave it for later for when you purchase the Bugera.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
thanks for the advice man
Gear:

-Jackson RR3
-Jackson DXMG
-Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
-Boss NS-2
Guyatone Compressor
Quote by metal-punk-boy
yeh initially i want the 6262 but its more expensive than the 6260 and they both sound decent so. so yes or no on the ts7? its not too expensive so can spend a little money on it but atm still have a solid state putting guitar through boss me 50

id say no. not yet atleast. id wait till you have the new amp then look into the pedals more then. wouldnt hurt to try them out still though.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT