a friend recently gave me a guitar which has been identified as a stage 3 or 4 (roughly) 1978ish hi-flier. its a copy of a mostrite guitar mark V. its pretty beat up. needs new tuners, new nut, new wiring, pots, switch, and bridge.

however, somebody added a wraparound bridge instead of a regular bridge/tremolo arm combo. there is on arm on the guitar.

does anybody know the correct bridge to buy to repair it? i was thinking of just gettings a roller bridge online. found out for like 40 bucks.

and where to find a compatible tremolo arm? thanks

oh yeah, and where i can find vintage style knobs and switches?
This isn't the wrong forum or anything, but you will probably find more help in the Guitar Building and Customization forum.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Are you sure the wraparound bridge isn't original? I've seen one on a Univox HF (In an eBay auction, But it was original) But you could get an adjustable wraparound bridge and it would make an improvement.

And by the way, Being the Mosrite freak of the forum I have to say that Univox Hi Flyer guitars aren't copies of the Mark V. They're copies of the Mark I. Google "Mosrite Mark I" and "Mosrite Mark V" And compare the images, You'll notice a few differences.

Oh and by the way, Coincidentally I'm listening to a Nirvana show right now where Kurt was playing a Univox HF guitar.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
nice. well whatever this bridge is, its garbage. i doubt it is stock. cause like i said there is clearly a tremolo bridge on the back of this guitar not being used. even if it is the original its either so bad, or taken so much abuse i would refuse to use it.

if your a mostrite freak, would you happen to know any place that offers parts for sale?
Quote by ikey_
nice. well whatever this bridge is, its garbage. i doubt it is stock. cause like i said there is clearly a tremolo bridge on the back of this guitar not being used. even if it is the original its either so bad, or taken so much abuse i would refuse to use it.

if your a mostrite freak, would you happen to know any place that offers parts for sale?

I can't say where to buy Univox parts (They've been out of business for a while I'd wager) But you'd probably be best off just getting a TOM bridge or something used on Jaguars. Something like that. I'd take the guitar to a tech and get his advice, I could give you more advice but it might be better for it to be explained in person.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
well i have found 1 place to buy a jag style tremolo (i would rather not buy a fender cause it says fender on it).

thats one option. option 2 is take off the tremolo, and put a stoptail wrap around on it and then cover the tremolo hole with a custom wood place that i would varnish myself. maybe ingrave something on it.

cause my question is - i dont really use a tremolo. why should i pay money for one. after all this is kinda a budget job (trying to go around 200...300 is a stretch cause i really like the guitar). the tremolo would take a lot of extra time and money to get it setup.

another issue is fixing the old one. its missing a spring, arm, and the piece that holds the arm (notice on a jag trem there is a metal sleve like thing the arm goes into. this one doesnt have it). so i could buy a spring and custom make a trem arm out of metal to fit...

again that would take time and i really am indiferent about using it. on the flip side, custom finishing a wood peice would take time too.

any thoughts?

oh and does anybody knoe where i can get vintage style knobs and a 3 way switch?

and reccomendations on decent tuners?