Poll: new pickups or a new pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: new pickups or a new pedal?
pickups
1 33%
pedal
2 67%
Voters: 3.
I've been arguing with myself on where to blow the money that i got from Christmas. I'm stuck as to what will bring a better tonal change, im running a ltd h-207 with some real muddy but liveable duncan designed pickups. which were modeled after the jb and jazz (which i have in my schecter) and there is a crazy amount of tonal differences. i understand that even though the woods are different, ash and maho, i think that the tone differences should be more subtle. for my seven string I'm thinking on either replacing one of the pickups with either an actual seymour duncan or a dactivator to breath life into the guitar again. costing maybe $100, but less likely because i don't know how to change pickups.

or

do i go with an effects pedal and blare out the muddiness with a distortion pedal, i play shred, mathcore, to rock so i want that "chug" sound and still retain the clarity, my Roland cube just wont do it in terms of heaviness although it fares well in the shred clarity. recommend me a good pedal, pretty much a noob to knowing good pedals from bad.

please help!
gear
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
ESP LTD H-207 (seven string)
Roland Cube 30X
ibanez ijx-40 starter
Pickups. Modeling amps and distortion pedals don't mix. A distortion pedal would probably make the muddiness worse.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
new pick ups.... and changing pickups is easier than you think...
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
Neither.

Save your money and buy a new amp.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.