I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 with a DiMarzio X2N bridge/Paf Pro neck and a Tech 21 Trademark 10 amp. I love the Marshall setting but I want more grind. I love Kreator, Death, Slayer, Helloween, Sodom, Destruction, Morbid Angel, Maiden, Sadus etc...so I definitely like mids in my sound, no scooped stuff. How can I boost the existing gain on my amp? I'm fairly new to guitar so please bear with me. I want that hard, grinding "ugh" sounding Marshall rhythm tone. I want to have a range from early Slayer and Kreator tones to heavier tones like what Belphegor and Morbid Angel get. I want a good booster pedal that gives me that range. Thanks in advance.
first off... set your eq so that your treb or highs are almost all the way up, then put ur mids just barely past half, and set your bass or lows a lil bit less than your treb. that'll give you a good idea of the tone u want to have, but u should mess around with it a bit, you now, personalize it. as far as a pedal... i suggest the pocket metal muff... it's cheep, and if u set the boost a lil under all the way up and crank the volume, with the mids set in the middle u'll melt faces