Get wasted
17 12%
No alcohol
100 72%
Don't go
12 9%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
so my friend (17yrs) invited me (18yrs) to go to a new years party his friend (??yrs) is having. alcohol will be present. me, a person who has never had any alcohol b4, was asked to drive. i would like to get drunk, but oh well. im pretty sure it wont take much for me to get buzzed since im new to alcohol. and if i were to get drunk, i dont know if i'd be able to pull off driving home. and being new years, im sure cops will be everywhere. do i go, and enjoy meeting new people and just get slight buzzed? do i go, get wasted, and risk the drive home? do i go, drink absolutely nothing? or do i just not go?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
You've never drank before so I'm sure it all tastes yucky anyway.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
When I first drank alcohol I drank a bottle of wine without feeling anything.

Don't underestimate yourself man
...What!?
I would go, but if I absolutely have to drive then I wouldn't drink. You don't really need to drink to have fun at a party and it's better to avoid drinking and driving completely. If you can, though, just sleep over at the place and ask whomever you need to give a ride home to do the same then just drive back the next morning (afternoon).
Don't drink and drive. Since you are not 21, you are not allowed to have a BAC of more than 0.00. Prepare to lose your license if you get caught. Having never drank before, I would have a trusted friend who is going to stay sober the whole night to drive you home so that you can get assfaced in front of your friends and do stupid things.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Either get drunk kinda early and stay late so it wears off.

Or tell your friends you wanna get drunk and take a cab there and back
you're asking the pit this? lol prepare for a lot of votes for "get wasted".
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by iforgot120
I would go, but if I absolutely have to drive then I wouldn't drink. You don't really need to drink to have fun at a party and it's better to avoid drinking and driving completely. If you can, though, just sleep over at the place and ask whomever you need to give a ride home to do the same then just drive back the next morning (afternoon).

i already asked my friend about spendin the nite there but he said thats not gonna happen. plus i've already been blessed the opurtunity to give him and his gf a ride there. lol. so i if go i have to drive.

EDIT:
Quote by kingofdudes161
you're asking the pit this? lol prepare for a lot of votes for "get wasted".

yea i thought of that. but surprisingly my fellow pit monkies are being realistic. lol
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Last edited by flanders_91 at Dec 26, 2009,
Stay sober! They don't call it Sober Cabbing for no reason, dammit! You don't drink & fucking drive! Jeese. Kids these days...

Edit: Poll agrees with me.
Quote by flanders_91
i already asked my friend about spendin the nite there but he said thats not gonna happen. plus i've already been blessed the opurtunity to give him and his gf a ride there. lol. so i if go i have to drive.

there are multiple seats in a cab. If you have to pay for the whole cab, not a big deal. But if possible split the cost. I'm a big time partier and I know paying for cabs is a bitch but u gotta do what u gotta do. You'll enjoy it man.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Stay sober! They don't call it Sober Cabbing for no reason, dammit! You don't drink & fucking drive! Jeese. Kids these days...

Edit: Poll agrees with me.

i dont much care for that last bit of yur sig....
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Go, and don't drink. Simple as hell. Common sense should have told you that this is the right choice already :/
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by flanders_91

EDIT:

yea i thought of that. but surprisingly my fellow pit monkies are being realistic. lol

If you're going to drive, don't drink. The couple hours of fun you'll have will not be worth getting arrested/license taken/fined, and it's certainly not worth potentially getting someone killed.
Don't drink at all or don't go, bud.
It's not cool to risk things like that.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Don't be stupid.

Let's look at the facts.
1: You've never drank before. You more than likely won't have a high tolerance or the ability to even control your buzz very well and will more than likely end up wanting more since people are shitfaced and what not.
2:It's new years. The cops are going to be out for people drinking and driving. You being a minor with a 0 BAC as said above, you're going to more than likely get caught if you drink. That said, no license and your parents will kill you for drinking then driving.

If you do this and drink some, maybe nothing will happen. But more than likely something will go wrong for you if you drink. I'd recommend going to the party. They're fun and as you said, you like meeting new people. If you absolutely think you must, drink a beer if you know you can control yourself. If not, don't drink. Also, don't be a dumbass and drink that beer near the time you go home. As I said, cops and 0 tolerance for alcohol for minors.
Don't drink and drive. It's just that simple, I go to many drinking parties and don't drink. Why? Cause I don't want to wake up in the morning and be told I killed someones daughter or son or so on.

Parties can be quite fun even without drinking, drunk people are fun to hang out with most of the time.
Quote by kingofdudes161
there are multiple seats in a cab. If you have to pay for the whole cab, not a big deal. But if possible split the cost. I'm a big time partier and I know paying for cabs is a bitch but u gotta do what u gotta do. You'll enjoy it man.

there are no cabs here. well the party's somewhere in saratoga. but that would be like almost an hour from my house. way too expensive for me, and wouldnt be worth it.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by iforgot120

I agree with this. But seeing you cant stay the night maybe its best to not drink. Its true a little wont kill you/mess you up but if youre going to be driving yourself AND other people, Id advise you to not.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
my general rule is if you've drank at all throughout the night, don't drive EVEN IF YOU FEEL FINE... i'm under 21 in college and it's not worth it... you lose your license, get tons of fines, arrested, all this ****.. it's happened to my friend..

get dropped off/picked up by parents since you still live with them... it's a hell of a lot easier to tell them you are going to drink, but want to be safe and responsible so they should pick you up.. tell them the alternative is you driving drunk.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
u think i could get away with playing one game of beer pong?
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't drink and drive. Since you are not 21, you are not allowed to have a BAC of more than 0.00. Prepare to lose your license if you get caught. Having never drank before, I would have a trusted friend who is going to stay sober the whole night to drive you home so that you can get assfaced in front of your friends and do stupid things.

actually there is a legal limit for the under 21's. its like 0.002 or 0.02 because just smelling liquer can cause your BAC to go up.
Drinking and driving really is dangerous, don't do it!
Considering it's your first time drinking too, and they fully rely on you to drive, it won't end well!

Either walk there, or take a cab and drink, or drive there and don't drink.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
On average, during a game you'll drink a beer if you play with someone, two if you don't. However, since you've never played before, I'm gonna guess you'll probably end up drinking two/three if you play alone and a little less than that if you play with someone. Given your possible tolerance, I still wouldn't risk anything.
Quote by iforgot120
On average, during a game you'll drink a beer if you play with someone, two if you don't. However, since you've never played before, I'm gonna guess you'll probably end up drinking two/three if you play alone and a little less than that if you play with someone. Given your possible tolerance, I still wouldn't risk anything.

well i've played it with soda in my basement with my lil bro. but i assume i'll be playing with ppl who've played more and i will do terrible lol.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Man up and be the DD or drink and call a cab.

Edit: I see you said there are no cabs. I guess you could bring someone along who doesn't drink and is willing to drive for you.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Dec 26, 2009,
Go, drink so much alcohol that you pass out. Drive home in the morning when you're sober.

Either this or don't drink at all. I'm very anti-drunk driving. Even buzzed driving is dangerous. I know people here in the Pit will say otherwise, but seriously, alcohol has a soporific effect on the body. No matter how much you have, your reaction times will be slowed and such. You might not notice it, and you might not go to extermes like sweriving and such, but slowed reaction times are not good.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
If you have to ask whether or not you should drink and drive, you're not mature enough to be trusted with any alcohol.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Speaking from the point of view of someone who has driven on a buzz more often than he should, the safest bet is to decline invitation entirely, as the surroundings at a new years party aren't exactly conducive to remaining sober. If you absolutely feel you want to/have to go, exercise self control and stay away from the alcohol all night. I've had close calls, don't put yourself in that scenario.

EDIT: also, convenient that you were invited to come along, and then told you'd be the designated driver. Sounds like you have some pretty self-absorbed friends, inviting you along to a drinking party and then passing off the sobriety to you. Screw 'em over.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Last edited by guns for hire at Dec 26, 2009,
Don't drink or don't drive, your call. Don't put yourself and/or others at risk driving drunk, especially if it's your first time drinking. This is really a no brainer.
Be the DD. Make agreement for them to pay for gas. Stop at every gas station on the way home, ask for gas money, and pretend to fill up. Its new years so they ought to be drunk enough for this to work.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

don't be a fool, wrap your tool...

...wait...

wrong cheesy high school propaganda.
but seriously, don't drink and drive, it's a pretty stupid thing to do.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
If you hang out with people that are drunk, through soberness you'll see that they're acting like douchebags, unless you get smashed also, thats where the fun begins. I'd say dont go, it's not fun being sober in a drunk crowd.
Quote by TheHobbit
Be the DD. Make agreement for them to pay for gas. Stop at every gas station on the way home, ask for gas money, and pretend to fill up. Its new years so they ought to be drunk enough for this to work.

i second this!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by TheHobbit

I'm a teenager who loves alcohol and will drink it whenever I can get my hands on it and I would NEVER drive after having any type of alcohol.

1. If you have never drank alcohol before, you can wait a little longer.
2. It's New Years. Cops will be EVERYWHERE.
3. You're under 21. If you're found with even 0.01 blood alcohol, your license is gone for a long time. I don't mean to sound like a parent here, but it's honestly not worth it. Besides, you have never drank before which means that your tolerance will most likely be very low.

3. Any type of alcohol impairs your ability to drive, whether you think it is or not. My girlfriend was killed by a drunk driver last year, which I guess contributes to my mindset.

You may always think that it won't happen to you but even though the chances are slim, your life is turned around if it hits close to home. (Whether you're the victim, the drunk driver, or friends/family involved). At the court trial, I could see how it impacted the driver(obviously it impacted me a lot too). I bet he wishes he never drove drunk that night( I know I do).

I suggest taking a bus or a taxi. It may sound stupid, but this way you can all get drunk and not risk anything. If you don't want to do that, I suggest you don't drink. I'm sure there will be at least one person at the party who is sober that you can talk to.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Last edited by maidenfan15 at Dec 27, 2009,
my vote would be get buzzed if you werent new to alcohol
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
There are always a sh!tton more cops out on New Year's, as well. You'd probably get caught.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Page 1 of 2